This Cheesy Pepperoni Dip is the PERFECT game day appetizer folks! It’s super creamy, cheesy, packed with pepperoni and spices and totally delicious! And it’s family and friend approved!
Hey there folks and Happy Monday!
Who’s gearing up for March Madness? You know, the NCAA Division 1 men’s basketball tournament?
Yesterday was Selection Sunday. Selection Sunday is when the Selection Committee reveals the full NCAA tournament bracket. Things will be played out a bit differently this year, but I’m still so excited to watch!
Why This Cheesy Pepperoni Dip?
With any game at our house, comes a delicious spread of game day food. Woohoo!
I tried this Cheesy Pepperoni Dip out on a few family members a few weeks back in anticipation of March Madness and it got rave reviews!
It’s creamy, cheesy and loaded with mini pepperoni slices. It’s also got some Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to make it nice and zesty.
Cheesy Pepperoni Dip Ingredients
- cream cheese
- whole milk ricotta cheese
- shredded Italian cheese blend
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes
- pizza sauce
- mini pepperoni slices
- green pepper
- red onion
- Parmesan cheese
It literally takes minutes to come together, can be made ahead and baked when you’re ready and bakes up in < 30 minutes. It’s a WIN-WIN-WIN!
Hope you give this cheesy dip a try for the tournament this year! Or any game day really because I know you’re going to love it! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes
I added some finely chopped green pepper and red onion to give this dip a supreme pizza flair. You could also add sliced black olives, if you’d like.
I just used a good store-bought pizza sauce.
You can make this dip a few hours to a day ahead of time and then just bake when you’re ready.
We like to serve ours with some crackers and/or some small, toasted slices of Italian bread.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes to Enjoy
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 oz. bag sliced mini pepperoni, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pie plate or similar size dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside,
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta cheese, one cup shredded cheese, two tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Spread mixture in prepared dish with a rubber spatula. Top with half of the pepperoni slices.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the pepperoni and smooth with the rubber spatula.
- Top the pizza sauce with the remaining one cup of the shredded cheese, the one tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, the green pepper, red onion and remaining pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until dip is bubbly and lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with crackers, veggies or Italian bread toasts.
- Adding some finely chopped green pepper and red onion gives this dip a supreme pizza flair. You could also add sliced black olives, if you'd like.
- You can use a good store-bought pizza sauce.
- You can make this dip a few hours to a day ahead of time and then just bake when you're ready.
- We like to serve ours with some crackers and/or some small, toasted slices of Italian bread.