These Maple Bourbon BBQ Kielbasa Bites are tangy, tasty bites perfect for snackin’!
Hope y’all had an awesome weekend.
July is flying by isn’t it? Tom and I have been really busy the last few weeks, but I think there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. One more busy week and then I’m hoping it’ll be smooth sailing.
I’m looking forward to some lazy beach days followed up by some sunset cocktails and appetizers on the back deck.
I’ve made these Maple Bourbon BBQ Kielbasa Bites a few times over the past few weeks and we REALLY enjoy them. They’re totally addictive!
The maple bourbon BBQ sauce is sweet and tangy, has a delicious bourbon flavor and it takes less than 15 minutes to whip up.
It’s an incredibly easy appetizer recipe to throw together quickly when you’ve got unexpected guests.
I bet you’ve already got most of the ingredients for the sauce in your fridge/pantry. Maple syrup, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, apple cider vinegar and a few spices.
And we’ve always got a bottle of bourbon on the bar cart because it’s Tom’s cocktail of choice.
Hope you guys add these to your summer entertaining menu. I know you’ll love ’em! Enjoy!
A few favorite summer appys here at the BHK are my Bacon and Fig Guacamole, my Crab Melts and my BLT Phyllo Pizza.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Maple Bourbon BBQ Kielbasa Bites Recipe:
I use two Hillshire Farms 12-oz. rings of Beef Polska Kielbasa for this recipe.
You can either cook the sliced kielbasa in a skillet on the stove or grill the rings whole and then slice on the diagonal before adding the maple bourbon BBQ sauce.
Maple Bourbon BBQ Kielbasa BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 12-oz. rings beef Polska kielbasa, sliced into roughly 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal
Maple Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + one Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the kielbasa slices and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Drain fat and remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the butter and cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Once the mixture begins to boil, lower the heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the butter and continue to cook until the butter is melted, Pour the sauce over the kielbasa slices and mix until all slices are well coated. Cook until heated through. Pour the bites and sauce into a serving dish and serve immediately.
Join the Conversation