This ultra-creamy Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip is perfect for game night! Always a fan favorite!
I’m comin’ in hot today folks! Hot and spicy!
If you’re a basketball fan, you know March Madness 2019 is about to start.
If you’re not a basketball fan, let me break it down.
March Madness is the Division 1 men’s basketball tournament that includes 67 games over a period of 19 days.
So you know what that means?
We need snackin’ food and lots of it.
So let’s start with this Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip.
I’ve been making this dip for more years than I can count.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and less than 15 minutes to throw it all together and it’ll disappear faster than fast. Take it from me.
Because it’s cheesy and creamy, packed with roasted red peppers, green chiles, spicy chorizo and perfect alongside a beer for watching the game!
Grab some tortilla chips and let’s spice things up, shall we?
If you’re looking for a few more tasty bites for your game day party, check out my Cheesy Bacon Jalepeño Taquitos, my White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, and my Mini Chicken and Pimento Cheese Quesadillas.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cheesy Mexican Chorizo Dip Recipe:
This dip tastes delicious without the chorizo too, if you have vegetarian guests.
You can make the dip ahead of time, keep it in the fridge, and then just pop it in the oven when you’re ready.
I love to serve this dip with tortilla chips, but you could also serve it with fresh veggies.
- 8 oz. ground chorizo
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 4-cup baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium-high heat until no longer pink, breaking up with a spatula as the meat cooks. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add chorizo, cheese, green chiles, mayo, roasted red peppers and spices until combined. Spread in prepared dish. Bake for 20-25 until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.