This Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving holiday. It’s delicious, only requires a handful of ingredients AND you can make it ahead of time!
The countdown is on folks! One week to the big event! The biggest food holiday of the year…Thanksgiving Day!
Are you breaking a sweat yet? I hope not! I’ve got all kinds of delicious recipes here at the BHK to help make your holiday celebration delicious and stress-free. And today we’re starting out with one of the easiest holiday appetizers ever! This Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball.
I was racking my brain on how I could WOW you guys with an over the top appetizer for the holiday season over the last few weeks. But you know what? I reminded myself how busy Thanksgiving day is and how stressful it can be. So I decided to make something that was #1 so incredibly easy, #2 delicious AND #3 something that you could make the day before, so that on Thanksgiving day you could actually enjoy it too. Sound like a plan?
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This cheese ball only requires a handful of ingredients.
You can make it the day before, so the day of you just grab a tray and dress it up.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- whole almonds
- fresh parsley
- cream cheese
- sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- Ranch seasoning
You’ll need some cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, bacon, parsley, almonds (I use Smokehouse Almonds by Blue Diamond), some chopped jalapenos, a little cayenne for some kick and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix. The ball is coated in a mixture of chopped almonds, bacon and parsley and there’s also bacon in the ball, so there’s some bacon in every bite!
Step-By Step Instructions
First, you will cook your bacon until crisp. Once cool, chop into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix half of the bacon with the chopped almonds and parsley and then set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or by hand with a rubber spatula) you will combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning mix, jalapenos and cayenne pepper and the remaining bacon. Place mixture in a bowl and cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into a ball using wax paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Roll the ball in the mixture of bacon, almonds and parsley. Place on a platter and serve with crackers and fresh grapes.
I place it on a pretty platter with some fresh grapes and a few types of crackers and then grab myself a nice glass of wine to enjoy with it. Sometimes I add a small bowl of assorted olives and some slices of peppered salami, but I don’t like to over do it because I know the Thanksgiving meal is up next.
I have made this Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball for so many holidays I’ve lost count. I hope you guys add this recipe to your Thanksgiving menu because it couldn’t be easier and I guarantee your guests will love it.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
As I mentioned above, you can make this cheese ball a day or two ahead of time and then just wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
I like to use Smokehouse Almonds by Blue Diamond for this cheese ball, but you could use plain or your favorite flavor of spiced almonds.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped (I use Smokehouse Almonds by Blue Diamond)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 1-oz. packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- 1/4 cup jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix half of the bacon with the chopped almonds and parsley. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning mix, jalapenos and cayenne pepper and the remaining bacon.
- Place mixture in a bowl and cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into a ball using wax paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Roll the ball in the mixture of bacon, almonds and parsley. Place on a platter and serve with crackers and fresh grapes.