This White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect healthy appetizer for your Super Bowl Party this year!
Less than 10 days to the Super Bowl folks!
I know not everyone is interested in the game, I get it.
But I know everyone is interested in the food at the party!
If you’re planning ahead and happen to be looking for an easy peasy, totally tasty, healthy little appy you’ve got to try this White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
I’ve been trying to take the healthier route this year when it comes to my snacking.
I’ve made this white bean hummus weekly since the first of the year.
A Few Cook’s Notes for White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe:
I used cannellini beans, but you can also use Great Northern white beans.
You can use either a 12-oz. jar of whole roasted red peppers, seeded and stems removed or a jar of roasted red pepper strips, drained.
Feel free to serve this hummus with your favorite raw veggies.
You can make this dip a day or two before your party, so that the flavors meld together.
It’s inexpensive to make and super simple to throw together. Just toss all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse away.
You’ll love it’s smooth and creamy texture and how flavorful it is.
I love serving it with sliced cucumbers, flatbread crackers and olives. I could seriously make a meal of this platter.
Hope you guys enjoy it too!
- 2 14.5 oz cans Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained, seeds and stems removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, I use Lucini Olive Oil
- fresh parsley, pine nuts, olives, for garnishing
- Add the white beans, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper, salt, black pepper and roasted red peppers to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well blended. With motor running, drizzle in the olive oil and continue to procees until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Serve, drizzled with extra olive oil, fresh parsley and pine nuts.