Deliciously moist and tender, this Pumpkin Crumb Snack Cake is like fall on a plate!
It’s time folks. I’m bringin’ on the pumpkin!
This easy Pumpkin Crumb Snack Cake is my first pumpkin recipe of the season, and surely won’t be my last.
Why oh why can’t pumpkin be a year round thing?
It just doesn’t seem fair that it’s really only enjoyed for a few short months of the year. Don’t ya think?
Truth be told, I’ve always got a can or two in my pantry for when the craving hits.
I shared this snack cake with a few neighbors and it was a big hit.
It’s a moist pumpkin cake made with double the pumpkin. Pure pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice. It’s like fall on a plate guys.
I decided to use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour to give the cake a fine crumb and a nice tender texture.
And I had to go with a crumb topping because you know it’s something I absolutely can’t resist. It’s a simple combination of flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and butter and always makes any cake extra special.
This cake works perfectly for breakfast with your coffee or tea or as a dessert, plain or with a side of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pumpkin Crumb Snack Cake Recipe:
I used cake flour for this recipe so the cake would have a finer crumb and tender texture, but you can also use all-purpose flour.
You will need to use pure pumpkin for this recipe, not pumpkin pie filling. I use Libby’s.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Add the cooled, melted butter with a fork until big crumbs form. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin and vegetable oil and mix until well combined, Add eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Top evenly with the crumb topping. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm.