This light Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp works well for lunch, dinner or meal prep for the week.
Serve up a pasta salad and I’ll be the first one in line. How about you guys?
I hope you’re a fan too, because today’s Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp is light, yet loaded with fabulous flavor and different textures and it’s all tossed in a deliciously lemony dressing. I just know you’re going to love it.
One of my favorite markets down at the Jersey Shore served a similar salad and I always ordered it, so I knew I’d have to create it at home and share it with you folks. This salad is perfect for lunch, dinner or for your weekly meal prep meals.
I’ve been working hard on sticking to a fitness routine this year and I’ve tried to lighten up my meals and make things a bit more healthy. And this is one salad that helps me feel satisfied, yet it’s on the healthier side.
It’s packed with all my favorite ingredients. Orzo, shrimp, English cucumber, Cotija cheese, a combination of green and Kalamata olives, scallions and fresh dill. The dressing is a simple combo of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
This salad pops up on our menu all year long, but it’s a great option for all your upcoming spring and summer picnics or dinner parties. Enjoy!
A few other favorite pasta salads here at the BHK are my Gram’s Easy Macaroni Salad, my Chicken Strawberry Avocado Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing and my Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp Recipe:
You could use any small pasta shape for this salad. Mini shells, ditatlini or small elbows would work too. I just happen to love the orzo pasta.
Another delicious addition to this salad is some chopped roasted red pepper.
I love the Cotija cheese which is a crumbly, salty Mexican cheese, but you could also add feta.
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch slices and then diced
- 1/2 cup mixture of pitted green and Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add pasta to a large bowl with shrimp, cucumber, scallions, olives, Cotija cheese and chopped dill.
- Add all ingredients for the lemony dressing to a jar. Shake until well blended. Pour dressing over pasta salad ingredients. Toss until well combined. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.