This Roasted Grape Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese and Maple Dressing is packed with delicious roasted grapes, sweet pears and topped with a fabulous sweet and savory maple dressing. It’s the perfect fall salad!
And just like that Halloween is over. Time is flying friends.
So how was everyone’s Halloween? Eat your share of candy? And maybe someone else’s too? I was on my best behavior. No dipping into the candy bucket for me this year. I didn’t over buy as usual, because I did not want to be tempted. I only have a few treats left, and they will all be heading out with me to Michigan this weekend when Tom and I go to visit our son Casey. We are so excited! I haven’t seen Case since the end of August. We will be spending the weekend catching up, and tailgating at the University of Michigan vs. Rutgers University football game! Woot, woot!!
Just in case any of you over-indulged on sweets this past weekend, I am sharing a fabulous fall salad today. Yes, you heard right. I used the words fabulous AND salad in the same sentence. That used to be crazy talk for me! As I have mentioned before, salads were never my first choice on the menu. In fact, when I was young and dumb as the saying goes, and less concerned with my health, I would even turn down the one that came with my meal when dining out. I know, terrible huh? I just wasn’t a fan. Well, times have changed friends. Believe it or not sometimes I now order a salad as my meal, and I actually enjoy it.
I love everything about today’s Roasted Grape Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese and Maple Dressing. Have you guys ever tried roasted grapes? If not, you really need to. They’re like candy for your salad. They pair perfectly with the pears and the maple dressing. And let me just say, this maple dressing, you’re going to love it! The sweet maple flavor, the tangy apple cider vinegar, the savory shallots and a bit of creamy mayo…it’s a winner friends. So it’s time to stop sneaking candy from the kid’s Halloween treat bags, and it’s time to dig into this tasty fall salad! I hope you enjoy it friends. Have a great week!
Roasted Grape Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese and Maple DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3/4 lb. red seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens I used baby kale and spring mix
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil divided
- 1 large shallot peeled and finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Please grapes on prepared pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours until grapes are slightly shriveled.
- While grapes are cooking make the dressing.
- In a small skillet heat 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil over medium low heat. Add shallots and saute for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- In a small bowl or jar combine 1/2 cup olive oil, maple syrup, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add shallots and whisk together or shake until well blended.
- Place greens on each plate. Top with some roasted grapes and sliced pears.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with some crumbled blue cheese.
Join the Conversation