This crunchy Super Veggie Chopped Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing is a combo of healthy veggies topped with a tangy dressing. It’s the perfect tasty salad to keep your diet in balance!
Today, I’m keeping us healthy guys! With the holidays behind us, now it’s time for a bit more of a balance between the healthy and indulgent things on our menu. So I thought it would be the perfect time to share this Super Veggie Chopped Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing. It’s an absolutely delicious combination of ingredients and the dressing is super easy and totally tasty.
This salad is full of texture. It’s a combo of crunchy chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion and kale, some shredded carrots, chewy golden raisins and just a smidgen of crispy bacon. Because we all know bacon makes everything better.
The BBQ ranch is the perfect dressing for this salad. I know I could have picked a healthier option, but you don’t need to overdo the dressing. It’s worth the extra few calories.
Super Veggie Chopped Salad Ingredients
- broccoli florets
- cauliflower florets
- red onion
- golden raisins
BBQ Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packet
- BBQ sauce
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
How to make this delicious Super Veggie Chopped Salad
First, you’ll cook your bacon until it’s nice and crispy and then you’ll set it aside. You will want to massage the kale in a large bowl with some olive oil and salt to tenderize it. This gives the kale a silkier texture.
You’ll combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and then it’s onto the dressing.
I just prepare one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing as directed and add 1/2 cup of my favorite BBQ sauce, one minced garlic clove, some fresh ground pepper and a dash of cayenne for kick. I toss all the ingredients in a large bowl with just a small amount of the dressing and then serve extra dressing on the side.
This is a delicious salad to get you back on track after a holiday season of indulging. Remember, it’s all about balance. Enjoy!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Super Veggie Chopped Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing
You can use any BBQ sauce that you enjoy for the dressing. I use Sweet Baby Ray’s.
You can make the dressing ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge for when you’re ready to use.
If you’re not a fan of kale you can substitute spring mix or romaine. You decide.
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Enjoy
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- Prepare ranch dressing according to directions on packet. Add BBQ sauce, one minced garlic clove, 1/8 tsp. pepper and a dash of cayenne and mix until well blended.
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, olive oil and salt and rub with your fingers until the kale leaves begin to darken.
- To the bowl of kale, add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red onion, golden raisins and the bacon. Toss with some of the dressing. It's really whatever you prefer here. Serve with the extra dressing on the side.
This recipe was originally published on October 6, 2016. I’ve tweaked the recipe, added new photos and new content. Enjoy!