These Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are a classic lunch box snack for the kiddos this school year! It’s like two treats in one!
So how has the transition from summer to back to school been guys?
Any bumps in the road, or is everything going as smooth as peanut butter?
I’d say silk, but this is a food blog, so let’s go with peanut butter, mmmmk?
I always hated back to school time. I know everyone’s all about schedules and routine, but I really missed my boys.
And I’m going to admit it, and as a food blogger it might sound a little strange, but I hated packing lunches. There I said it.
I think if I had to do it all over again, I’d be much better at it now.
School lunches have come a long way since my boys were young. Snazzier containers, healthier options that kids seem to enjoy and irresistible snacks.
But some things never go out of style, like the classic rice krispie treat. And today’s Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are like two treats in one!
Buttery, marshmallowy treats studded with irresistible Oreo’s are sure to be a hit with the kiddos this season!
And they’ll be a hit with mom and dad too, because they only take minutes and a handful of ingredients to make. Take it from me you’ll need the extra time to brush up on those 5th grade math skills!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Oreo Rice Krispie Treats Recipe:
I used original Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies, but if you have a favorite flavor, give them a try. I’m sure they’d be just as delicious.
When you pour the mixture into the 8×8 pan, only press down lightly on the top of the treats with a rubber spatula, that way you’ll have fluffier treats.
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 10-oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups Oreo Cookies, crushed into smallish pieces (about 16-18 cookies)
- Lightly spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang on all sides for easy removal. Spray parchment lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula until melted and smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the rice krispies and crushed cookies until well combined. Quickly spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, just press down lightly on top of treats to even out.
- Let the pan cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Lift the treats from the pan by the parchment paper. Cut into squares. Store in airtight container.