This Apple Cider Doughnut Bundt Cake with Pecan Brown Sugar Ripple is perfect for the upcoming fall season and for all the holidays ahead!
Hello friends! Long time no chat. Everyone back to school?
I’m hoping the first day was exciting for all, absolutely painless and that no tears were shed! I know as a parent it’s tough putting the kids on the bus that first day. Believe me, I remember it all too well. I blinked back a few tears in my time. Who’s kidding who? Casey left for his senior year at University of Michigan a few weeks back and it took me a few days and perhaps a few glasses of wine to recover!
So what’s the point of this little back to school story? CAKE. Cake helps everything! Well, cake and wine, but today let’s stick to cake, this AMAZING Apple Cider Doughnut Bundt Cake with Pecan Brown Sugar Ripple! What a mouthful of a title, yes?! Oh, but what a delicious mouthful it is my friends!
With fall on the horizon, my mind starts to focus on all things apples, cinnamon and pump….I’m not going to say it. It’s on the tip of my tongue, but I’m not going there. It just wouldn’t be fair to summer. And you know where my loyalties lie. Apples are one thing, but pump…I just can’t go there yet. I absolutely LOVE the taste of it, and in fact I could enjoy it all year long, but I have my priorities folks. I also know lots of you don’t like rushing the seasons, so I’ll wait a bit before I share something with yummy pump…K?
Onto this cake! Holy cow! It’s amazing! Have you guys ever tried an apple cider doughnut? I hope so, because they’re the bomb for fall! And this cake is moist (sorry) like nobody’s business, cinnamony and that ripple. Lord! That ripple. Pecans, brown sugar, more cinnamon…it’s dreamy! And when the bundt comes out of the oven we’re gonna slather it with some melted butter (my husband Tom LOVES that part!) and sprinkle it generously with cinnamon sugar, because we know what’s good!
You’re going to love this one guys. It’s perfect for the upcoming fall season and for all the holidays ahead! Enjoy!
See, you forgot about the kids already didn’t you! Told you. It’s all about the CAKE!
Apple Cider Doughnut Bundt Cake with Pecan Brown Sugar RipplePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- Pecan Brown Sugar Ripple:
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped (I use Diamond of California Pecans)
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or pure cane sugar I use pure cane sugar because it has a larger grain. More crunch. Looks prettier too.
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup bundt generously with nonstick cooking spray with flour in it. You can also use butter and then a dusting of flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cider, applesauce, olive oil, vanilla and eggs. Add to flour mixture just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the ripple ingredients. Mix with your fingers or a fork until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the ripple mixture leaving an inch outside border. Top with the remaining batter. Smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg of the topping ingredients. Release the cake from the bundt pan onto a wire rack. Brush the cake with the melted butter. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture. I like to serve mine when it's still a bit warm, perhaps with a dollop of whipped cream. Can be stored at room temperature, covered for up to 2 days.
Join the Conversation