An incredibly moist cake loaded with carrots, pineapple and pecans, this Easy Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is always a crowd favorite!
It’s a Monday. And you know what that calls for??
Easy Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
This is my son Sean’s favorite. Mine too actually.
If you’re a regular follower of the blog you know Sean by now. He’s my oldest son who does not like chocolate.
But serve him up some carrot cake and he’s a happy camper!
I’ve been meaning to share this Easy Carrot Cake for quite a while, so Sean is one click away from his fave since he no longer lives at home.
He’s my brave one in the kitchen and will always attempt anything to satisfy his belly. So I bet he sees this recipe in his inbox this morning, and after work goes straight to the market lickety-split to grab the ingredients!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
I used pecans for this recipe, but it tastes delicious with walnuts too.
You can shred your own carrots or use the pre-shredded carrots in a bag from the market.
Make sure to drain the crush pineapple before adding to the batter.
This Easy Carrot Cake is an incredibly moist cake loaded with shredded carrots, crushed pineapple for some added sweetness, chopped pecans and ground cinnamon to warm things up. It’s topped with a to die for cream cheese frosting that you’ll want to eat straight from the bowl! Guaranteed!
Hope y’all enjoy this one as much as Sean. Have an awesome week!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients until just combined. Add the carrots, pineapple and 1/2 cup of the pecans stirring to combine,
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add cream cheese and butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until well blended. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and salt. Increase speed to high and continue to beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Spread the frosting on the cooled cake in an even layer. Sprinkle the frosting with the remaining 1/4 cup pecans.