Now that school’s back in session, it’s time to up your breakfast game for the kiddos. These Fruity Pebbles Streusel Muffins are moist and fluffy and super fun! The kids are guaranteed to love them. Perfect for breakfast and as a special treat added to their lunch box for snack time!
Say it isn’t so…
Did someone say school is back in session??
I don’t know if it’s me, but either time is flying even faster as I get older or summer is getting shorter.
Let’s do the kiddos a solid this week and make them these Fruity Pebbles Streusel Muffins for breakfast, shall we?
Now, let me first clarify. I know Fruity Pebbles are by no means a healthy breakfast option. I get it. My boys did not grow up eating Fruity Pebbles. But a little smidge added to some muffin batter and to a crumb mixture topping make for the ultimate fun muffin! And the kids deserve a special treat for breakfast every once in a while, don’t they? And after they’re out the door and on the bus, I think all you parents deserve one with your morning coffee to go along with the peace and quiet you’ll be forced to enjoy while they’re gone at school!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
These muffins are extremely moist and fluffy and that crumb topping is beyond delicious.
The added Fruity Pebbles are just plain fun. They help jazz up this crumb muffin with added color and flavor.
But listen, if you’re not a Fruity Pebbles fan, just omit in the recipe and you’ll have yourself a tasty crumb cake muffin you and the kids will still really enjoy!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vegetable oil
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- unsalted butter
- confectioners’ sugar
The first step will be to make your topping by whisking together your flour, sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. Then you’ll add in your melted butter and fluff with a fork. Once the topping is combined and the mixture looks similar to the photo below on the right) you’ll gently add in your Fruity Pebbles and place the mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to top the muffins before baking.
Next up, you’ll make your muffin batter by first whisking together your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then to another bowl, you’ll add your egg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract and whisk together until well combined.
These are a special treat that I just know your kids will love! Hope you bake a batch sometime soon!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Fruity Pebbles Streusel Muffins
As I mentioned above, if you’re not a fan of Fruity Pebbles, you can just omit in the recipe and enjoy these as classic crumb cake muffins.
When I make muffins, I always use Sally’s tip from Sally’s Baking Addiction and bake the muffins initially at 400 degrees for five minutes and then turn the oven down to 350 degrees for the remaining time. This helps the muffins get a nice domed top. Works every time.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes to Enjoy
Fruity Pebbles Streusel MuffinsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and mix together with a fork until crumbs begin to form. Don't overmix. Place in fridge while you make the muffin batter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, bowl whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In another bowl add egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract and whisk together until well combined. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Gently fold in the Fruity Pebbles Cereal. Spoon into paper baking cups or lightly sprayed muffin cups and top each with some of the crumb topping.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 and continue baking for 12-13 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Once cool, drizzle each muffin with some vanilla glaze, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add another teaspoon of milk if you would like the glaze thinner.