These Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious breakfast treat! They’re loaded with chocolate and perfectly moist!
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m always up for anything chocolate, even when it comes to breakfast.
And what’s easier to whip up than a batch of muffins?
I love making a dozen every now and then, enjoying a few and then freezing the rest for when I’ve got a craving for a muffin with my morning coffee, or when I’ve got family or friends for the weekend.
I’ve shared lots of muffin recipes over the years here at the BHK. My Morning Glory Muffins, Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut Muffins, Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins and my Apple Spice Crumb Muffins have all gotten rave reviews.
So today, I’m adding these totally delicious Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins to our marvelous muffins menu here at the BHK.
I guarantee you’ve got all the ingredients right now in your fridge and pantry. Go on. Go take a look.
And they literally take 10 minutes to put together and under 20 minutes to bake. Easy peasy!
Enjoyed fresh and warm from the oven with your morning coffee…TOTAL treat.
And if you freeze a few, just pop one out of the freezer, defrost at room temp and then pop into the microwave for a few seconds to melt the chips a bit and you’ll be winning at breakfast folks! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe:
I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could also use milk chocolate or a a combination of chocolate and white chocolate.
I love the taste of the cinnamon in these muffins, but if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, just omit.
Make sure to bake the muffins for the first five minutes at 425 degrees and then turn the oven temp down to 350 degrees. This is a tip I learned from Sally at Sally’s Baking Addiction. It ensures the muffins get a nice domed top.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed, try using dark brown sugar for a richer more robust flavor
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, try using Ghirardelli Grand Chips for larger chunks of chocolate flavor
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place rack in center of oven. Line standard muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined and no flour streaks remain. Fold in the 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Top batter with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips, a few in each cup. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for an additional 13 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out with just a crumb or two. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter and chips.