These Strawberry Lemon Muffins are loaded with sweet, juicy strawberries with a lovely lemony twist!
Who’s excited for all the fresh fruits and veggies to start pouring into the local markets?
I’m counting the days.
I’ve been on the lookout for rhubarb, but so far it’s been a no-go.
They say it’s coming any day. So for now, I’m all about the strawberries.
I know they’re not locally grown yet, but they were at my local market and they looked so red and juicy, I just couldn’t resist.
I made some of my homemade Strawberry Chia Jam, some delicious shortcakes with fresh berries and cream for dessert and these totally tasty Strawberry Lemon Muffins for breakfast.
These beauties are loaded with fresh chopped strawberries and a double dose of lemon, freshly squeezed juice and zest.
The flavor reminds me of one of my favorite summer drinks, my sweet and tart Strawberry Lemonade.
These would make the perfect addition to your Easter brunch menu.
They take less than 30 minutes to make and work well with all kinds of fruits this spring and summer; raspberries, peaches, blueberries or blackberries. Take your pick.
Hope you’ve got your Easter Sunday or Passover celebration all planned out guys!
Happy Holiday to you and your families! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Strawberry Lemon Muffins Recipe:
You bake the muffins for the first five minutes at 425 degrees to give the muffins a nice domed top. I learned that from Sally at Sally’s Baking Addiction. After the first five minutes, you lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
I topped my muffin batter with some pure cane sugar for just a bit of sparkle. You could also use turbinado sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- pure cane sugar, for sprinkling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place rack in center of oven. Line standard muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time until well blended. Add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, scraping down the bowl when necessary.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture reserving one tablespoon to toss the strawberries with. Remove the bowl from the mixer, and carefully fold the strawberries into the mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. I came out with 14 muffins. (I use my ice cream scooper to add the batter to the cups) Sprinkle tops of batter with pure can sugar, if desired. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes then lower the oven to 350 degrees and continue to bake for about 13 minutes until they're golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.