This Korean Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peppers is a less than 30-minute meal that’s packed with flavor, yet low on effort!
Today’s Korean Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peppers is a quick and easy dinner recipe courtesy of my son Casey. Well. Not really.
My son Casey called me last week and asked me for some recipes that I thought he could manage to whip together for quick and easy dinners.
I pointed out a few already here at the BHK and told him I’d be adding a few more over the next few months, because that’s what good moms do right?
He wants something high on flavor, but extremely low on effort.
That’s where this Korean Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peppers comes in.
The Best Korean Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peppers
Korean Ground Beef Ingredients
- broccoli florets
- red bell pepper
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic cloves
- ground beef
- brown sugar
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- sesame oil
- crushed red pepper
- ground ginger
- green onions
- sesame seeds
- jasmine rice
I changed it up just a bit by adding some roasted broccoli and red peppers to the recipe and serving it over some jasmine rice.
Just roast the veggies on a sheet pan for 20 minutes, and while they’re roasting whip up the rice and ground beef that’s seasoned with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and a bit of brown sugar for sweetness.
Add the roasted veggies right to the ground beef and then scoop it over some steamed jasmine rice.
Less than 30 minutes from start to finish and makes for delicious leftovers too! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes
I absolutely love jasmine rice, but you could also use plain white rice or brown rice.
I added the broccoli and red peppers as a way to get in my daily dose of veggies, but you could also enjoy this sans veggies.
If you served this without adding the veggies this would be more like a 15 minute meal.
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes to Enjoy
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss broccoli florets and red bell pepper with one tablespoon olive oil. Spread on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until just tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain fat.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined. Cook for about 2 minutes, until heated through. Add the broccoli and red peppers and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately over the rice. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- I absolutely love jasmine rice, but you could also use plain white rice or brown rice.
- I added the broccoli and red peppers as a way to get in my daily dose of veggies, but you could also enjoy this sans veggies.
- If you served this without adding the veggies this would be more like a 15 minute meal.
Adapted from Damn Delicious and Six Sisters’ Stuff