This super simple Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet is high on flavor, low on effort, and sure to become a weeknight family favorite! It’s packed with zesty Mexican flavor and lots of protein too!
Helllloooo friends and Happy Tuesday!
So how is back to school season going so far? I remember those days all too well. The first few days were always a little hectic, but then things seemed to calm down and everyone settled in.
I know when you’ve got papers to sign, homework to do and sports practices to attend dinner has to be quick and easy yet still delicious.
This Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet is an easy weekly favorite at the BHK. If you don’t count cooking up the quinoa, this is technically a one skillet meal. Woohoo! Who doesn’t like a one skillet meal when your week is crazy busy, the kids have tons of homework to do and no one wants to help with cleanup?!
Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet Ingredients
- olive oil
- ground beef
- yellow onion
- enchilada sauce
- petite diced tomatoes
- black beans
- yellow corn
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- cheddar jack cheese
How to Make this Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet
First, you’ll cook your quinoa according to the package directions.
This skillet is not only packed with flavor, but it’s full of protein. It’s a delicious combo of quinoa, ground beef, black beans, corn, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and just enough cheddar jack to make it your new favorite easy peasy, cheesy, technically one dish wonder!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet
I use black beans for this recipe, but you can substitute pinto beans if you prefer.
To make things easy, I called for one can of enchilada sauce, but you can go the extra mile and make my HOMEMADE if you prefer. It’s an easy recipe and so delicious.
More Delicious Mexican Dinner Recipes to Enjoy
Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad
Beef and Quinoa Enchilada BakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion about 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce I use Old El Paso
- 1 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 8.75 oz. can yellow whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro finely chopped for garnish if desired
- chopped tomatoes for garnish if desired
- Fill a small pot with 1 cup water and cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add ground beef and onions and cook for 8-10 minutes crumbling beef until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to burner.
- Add quinoa, garlic, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper until well combined. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and chopped tomatoes and serve.
Updated: This post was first published here in February 2017. I decided it was worthy of a re-share because it’s a super popular quick and easy dinner here at the BHK. I’ve updated the content and added some notes to the post above.
Join the Conversation