This Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad is a zesty, healthy, protein packed salad that’s perfect for your next summer party!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Looking for a bold, flavorful salad for your 4th of July shindig?? Look no further friends! This Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad is just the ticket!
You guys know how much I love quinoa right? I’ve got a few tasty quinoa dishes here at the BHK. My Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing and Cotija Cheese, my Beef and Quinoa Enchilada Skillet, and the oh so delicious Chipotle Sweet Potato and Quinoa Tacos.
Well, today let’s add this Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad to that all-star healthy list of quinoa goodness. Mmmm K? I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
I created today’s recipe with the help of my friends from Bob’s Red Mill. I’m proud to be a Brand Ambassador with Bob’s once again this year. They’ve got an awesome selection of products, all of which are TOP QUALITY. With Bob’s clear packaging, what you see is what you get. I’ve got a few more fantastic recipes to share using their products before the end of the year, so stay tuned. Next month, I’ll be sharing a recipe using farro, another of their ancient grains. You don’t want to miss it! It’ll take your breakfast to a whole new level of deliciousness! Guaranteed!
Now I know we’ve been over this before, but let’s run down the reasons why quinoa, “mother of all grains” dubbed by the Incas, is totally fab, shall we?
A Few Facts About Quinoa:
Quinoa is pronounced keen-wa.
It provides all 9 essential amino acids necessary for good health. One cup of quinoa contains 8g of protein, 5g of fiber, iron, magnesium, folate and heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Quinoa is a good source of dietary fiber.
Quinoa is naturally gluten free
A Few Cook’s Notes for Mexican Street Corn Quinoa Salad Recipe:
I like to use fresh sweet corn for this recipe. You can use yellow or white corn, or a mix of both. When sweet corn is not in season, I have used frozen corn for this recipe.
If you cannot find Cotija cheese, you can substitute Parmesan which has a similar salty taste.
I know some people are not a fan of cilantro, so if you’re not, just omit.
If you’re new to Mexican street corn, it’s corn on the cob that’s slathered in mayonnaise or crema and then it’s topped with cotija cheese, and dusted with cayenne. So today’s salad is a spin on the popular Mexican street food. It’s a combination of simple, healthy ingredients that make for one delicious salad! Enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups corn kernels, about 4 ears
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. good mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and cook until the corn starts to char, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, cooked quinoa, red onion, roasted peppers, cheese, jalapeno and cilantro. Fold in the dressing. Squeeze lime juice over top and toss again. Add to serving bowl. Sprinkle with extra Cotija cheese. Serve.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended. Serve.
Join the Conversation