This Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Italian Sausage Broccoli Rabe Onions and Peppers is perfect for those busy weeknights. It’s low on effort and high on flavor!
Say hello to one of the easiest peasiest meals to come out of your kitchen for 2021 folks!
This Sheet Pan Italian Sauage Gnocchi with Broccoli Rabe Onions and Peppers is a total winner. I mean, can you really beat a sheet pan meal? I think not.
And add gnocchi to anything and count me in. It’s one of my favorites!
Don’t get me wrong, I always enjoy gnocchi dishes with the usual cream sauces, but this one is just as tasty, if not tastier in my opinion, with all the veggies and some crumbled Italian sauage sans sauce, just tossed in olive oil. Plus, I feel less guilty when I eat it.
One of my goals this year was to add a few more sheet pan meals to the menu here at the BHK. A few of you mentioned you’d be interested, so I knew I’d need to share this one ASAP.
I planned on adding the yellow peppers, onions and diced tomatoes to this one and then my college roommate mentioned adding some broccoli rabe, which was a great idea! Thanks Lore! Gotta get in those healthy leafy greens.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Italian Sausage Gnocchi Broccoli Rabe Onions and Peppers Ingredients
• potato gnocchi
• Italian sausage
• yellow peppers
• broccoli rabe
• diced fire roasted tomatoes
• olive oil
• Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, kosher salt and pepper
• parmesan cheese, for serving
The Italian sasuage and gnocchi make it nice and hearty. I added sweet sausage, but you can also add hot Italian sausage, or maybe even half and half.
If you’ve never made a sheet pan meal with gnocchi, the gnocchi cooks up right on the sheet pan. No boiling ahead of time. Easy, right?
Just chop all your veggies, toss everything with olive oil, pour it all on your large sheet pan and top with the raw crumbled sausage. It bakes up perfectly on the sheet pan and it’ll only take about 20 minutes, then 1-2 minutes on broil to crisp everything up. I like to serve mine with some grated Parmesan cheese.
I know. You’re welcome! You’re going to love how delicious and ridiculously easy this sheet pan meal is guys! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Italian Sausage Broccoli Rabe Onions and Peppers Recipe:
As I mentioned above, you can use hot Italian sausage, sweet or a mix of both for this meal.
You can also use frozen, fresh or shelf-stable gnocchi. I used shelf-stable potato gnocchi by Delallo. This is not a sponsored post. This is just what I enjoy.
- 3 cups broccoli rabe, chopped, with tough ends trimmed
- 2 cups yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 16-oz. package potato gnocchi
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, add broccoli rabe, yellow pepper, onion, diced tomatoes, gnocchi, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Toss until everything is well coated. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Crumble the sausage and place evenly in clumps on top of vegetable/gnocchi mixture. Bake until the sausage is cooked though, about 20 minutes, then turn the oven onto broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the top crisps up. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.