This Supreme Pizza Mac and Cheese is totally drool worthy folks! It’s loaded with all the ingredients on a supreme pizza pie and SUPER tasty!
Who’s ready for some crazy delicious comfort food?
I hope your hand is up because today I’m coming in hot and cheesy guys!
If you’re a fan of supreme pizza and also happen to be a macaroni and cheese lover (who isn’t really?), today’s Supreme Pizza Mac and Cheese is destined to be your new favorite comfort food dish.
Tom and I don’t enjoy either dish very often, but let’s be serious, if we’re gonna enjoy it, we’re gonna make it memorable.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
It’s a macaroni and cheese recipe for comfort season….enough said.
It’s all your favorite supreme pizza ingredients wrapped up in a creamy, rich and cheesy pasta dish that’s the perfect changeup for Friday night pizza night.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- pasta shells
- sweet Italian sausage
- red onion
- green bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- all-purpose flour
- whole milk
- heavy whipping cream
- Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper
- marinara sauce
- Fontina cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- pepperoni slices
- fresh basil, if desired
The rich and creamy mac and cheese base is made with three different kinds of cheeses, fontina, mozzarella and parmesan. Then it’s loaded with Italian sausage, pepperoni, red and green pepper, red onion and marinara sauce.
First, in a large skillet you’ll cook your red onion, peppers and garlic until softened.
Next up, you’ll add your Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink.
Next up, you’ll melt your butter and then whisk in your flour and cook for one minute. You’ll slowly whisk in milk, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook until thickened. You will add the marinara sauce, fontina and mozzarella cheeses and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
At this point you can add your cooled cooked pasta, the Italian sausage and veggies and the pepperoni slices.
Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup fontina and grated parmesan cheeses and bake.
It’s ultra-creamy, ultra-cheesy and a total flavor bomb! It’s two favorites in one and a comfort food dish that the whole family will love!
Indulge! You deserve it!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Supreme Pizza Mac and Cheese
I used a mild Italian sausage, but if you like things spicy by all means use hot Italian sausage.
You can use your favorite jarred marinara for this recipe. I used a roasted garlic marinara.
We enjoy our supreme pizza with red onion, but you can also use yellow onion.
More Delicious Comfort Food Recipes to Enjoy
- 16 oz. pasta shells, you can also use elbows
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups Fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 oz. pepperoni slices, about 25 slices from 3 oz. package
- fresh basil, chopped, for sprinkling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Prepare the macaroni al dente according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook red onion and red and green peppers, about 3-4 minutes. Add the Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt 6 Tbsp. butter over medium heat in a large dutch oven. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in milk, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 6 minutes until nice and thick. Add the marinara sauce, 3 1/2 cups fontina cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheeses and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the cooled pasta, the Italian sausage and veggies and the pepperoni slices.
- Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup fontina and grated parmesan cheeses. Bake until bubbly and nice and golden browned, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil, if desired. Serve immediately.