This Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is what dreams are made of! It’s unbelievably creamy, cheddary and studded with succulent pieces of lobster!
Wow, are you guys going to love, love, love this Lobster Mac and Cheese!
We’ve been over this before friends. I don’t like to refer to anything I make as “the best ever” because everyone has their own opinion, and I would rather people draw their own conclusions. But today, I’m goin’ there and it’s because I’ve got major back-up with this incredibly life-changing, I know, I said it and I totally mean it, life-changing Lobster Mac and Cheese! My major back-up today would be my nephew Cody. I love Cody to pieces, but there’s something just a little odd about him….he doesn’t like cheese! Holy crap, who doesn’t like cheese?!
Honestly, after I heard he didn’t like cheese I kinda felt a little sad actually. Almost everything I eat is cheese. Frankly, I don’t know what I’d do without it! When I found out he was a cheese hater, naturally I asked him, “how do you eat pizza?” He said, “I don’t eat pizza.” OMG! I said, “what about cheesesteaks?” Nope, no cheesesteaks either. Oh for the love of God! No pizza, no cheesesteaks?? I knew there would be more, but I had to stop there. It was just too much for my cheese-loving brain to handle.
So a few months back when my sister Carolyn, (the cheese hater’s mother), said she was making my Crazy Good Mac and Cheese, I wondered what Cody would be eating instead. Everyone would be enjoying a big old bowl of cheesy, cheddary goodness while my poor Cody would be indulging in bowl of plain, boring noodles. Such a pity.
Well, believe it or not, I got a text from my sister who said, “guess who was the biggest fan of your mac and cheese, so much so he licked the bowl clean? Cody!” What? I converted the cheese hater? Dreams do come true!
So basically, this recipe is my Crazy Good Mac and Cheese recipe from way back when I started the blog, when probably only my husband, my boys, my sisters and a few close friends followed along. I had to bring it back because honestly, it’s that good. You NEED to try it.
I decided to add the lobster to make it even more decadent for the holiday season. It’s a special little present that we all deserve! A nice ooey, gooey, cheesy present. Just the kind I like! You only need a handful of ingredients and it’s one of the easiest recipes ever AND come on, it converted a cheese hater! My work here is done! Enjoy!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups sharp yellow cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 3/4 lb. cooked lobster meat cut into big chunks
- 1/2 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs
- Old Bay seasoning for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fill large pot with water and 2 tsp. salt and prepare the macaroni al dente according to directions on package. Set aside.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in milk, cream, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 8 minutes until nice and thick. Stir in 3 1/2 cups cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add pasta and cooked lobster. Pour into a 2.4 qt. or a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the leftover cheddar cheese and the panko bread crumbs.Sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and nice and golden browned.