This Easy Skillet Stovetop Lasagna is a weeknight dinner game changer. It’s everything you love about lasagna, but one skillet on your stovetop, super simple and no mess.
Updated: This post was first published here at the BHK in April 2020. I’ve since updated the post and added a VIDEO below. I thought it would be perfect for a reshare this holiday season.
Hey there folks. Just a few more days until Christmas. Are you ready?
I’m ready as I’ll ever be. This year is going to be super low key for us because of what’s going on in the world, but it’ll still be special.
We plan on spending time at home having movie nights, catching up on some good books, new Netflix series and playing a few new board games that are on our list from Santa.
We’re going to make the best of it. Hope you are too.
In between our game playing, reading and TV watching, we’ll need to whip up some quick and easy delicious meals to keep us all satisfied.
I’m a fan of lasagna, but when I’m busy, it’s not one of the first things on my list of things to make for dinner….unless it’s my absolutely Easy Skillet Stovetop Lasagna. It’s a total game changer!
No boiling noodles ahead of time, no layering, no oven, just one skillet, on your stovetop and you’ll be enjoying an Italian favorite in just about 30 minutes.
Easy Skillet Stovetop Lasagna Ingredients
• ground beef
• Italian Sausage
• garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes
• marinara sauce
• lasagna noodles
• ricotta cheese
• parmesan cheese
• parsley, salt and pepper
• shredded mozzarella cheese
• basil leaves
It’s everything you love about lasagna, just super simple and no mess. Are you buying what I’m sellin’? I hope so, because this is one of the best dinners to come out of my kitchen like ever.
I’ve used a combination of ground beef and sweet Italian sausage, jarred Marinara and a creamy combo of ricotta, shredded mozzarella and Parmesan to make this lasagna super flavorful, cheesy and delicious.
I know you folks are going to LOVE how easy this skillet stovetop lasagna version is. It’s a must this homebound holiday season! Enjoy!
I’ll be sharing a simple dessert this Wednesday, instead of my usual Thursday this week. It’ll be the perfect little fun, sweet treat for you and the kiddos over Christmas break. Stay tuned.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Skillet Stovetop Lasagna Recipe:
I used sweet Italian sausage for this recipe, but you could also use hot Italian sausage.
You can use a deep 12-inch skillet or a 4 or 5-quart Dutch oven for this recipe.
Easy Skillet Stovetop LasagnaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into roughly 2-3-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, Italian sausage and onion. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink and until onion is translucent. Drain fat. Return to the stove and add the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, marinara, water and noodles. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, half of the Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Dollop the mixture over the noodles in the pan. Cook, covered for an additional 5 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Serve immediately.
Join the Conversation