Cheers to summer with this sweet and tart Cherry Margarita! It’s a refreshing cocktail for cherry season!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixers. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Happy Thirsty Thursday folks!
As promised, today I’m sharing a delicious little libation to go along with that fabulous Cheddar Pub Cheese with Everything Pita Chips from Monday. I’m a woman of my word friends!
So before cherry season is over let’s celebrate summer with this sweet and tart Cherry Margarita.
Everytime I visit the market it’s, here a cherry, there a cherry, everywhere a cherry, cherry! This summer, I’ve made my Cherry Vanilla Scones, my Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes with Cherry Compote, my Easy Cherry Pear Baked Oatmeal, and now with the help of my friends from my favorite craft cocktail mixer company, Powell & Mahoney, the Happy Hour pièce de résistance, this Cherry Margarita!
Powell & Mahoney makes margarita making incredibly easy and extremely tasty! You’ll only need a handful of cherries and a few other ingredients before you’ll be kicking back with one of these beauties and toasting with friends! Enjoy!
- 1-2 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 cup about 10-12 pitted cherries
- Sprinkle of granulated sugar
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 2 oz. Powell & Mahoney Margarita
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- Garnish one stemmed cherry and one slice of fresh lime
- Place salt on a small plate. Rub the rim of your glass with a wedge of lime to moisten. Dip in salt. Set aside.
- Muddle cherries and a sprinkle of sugar in a cocktail shaker until well crushed. Add the tequila, the Powell & Mahoney Margarita, a squeeze of fresh lime juice and some ice. Cover and shake vigorously, about 20 seconds. Strain over fresh ice into prepared glass. Garnish with stemmed cherry and a slice of lime.