This Easy Cherry Pear Baked Oatmeal is a warm and comforting breakfast that’s perfect for those cold, wintry mornings!
Wait… is it Monday already? Dang, the weekend went fast!
I hear some places around the country are being walloped with snow, so today I’m serving up a delicious breakfast that’s warm, cozy and guaranteed to keep you satisfied til lunch. AND through all that snow shoveling!
This Easy Cherry Pear Baked Oatmeal is one of my favorite winter breakfasts. If you have yet to give baked oatmeal a go, it’s sort of a cross between the traditional creamy breakfast oatmeal and a nice big fat oatmeal cookie. Sounds good right? I mean who doesn’t like cookies for breakfast?
But I have to say, this is so much easier than making a batch of cookies. You’ve got the usual oatmeal cookie cast of characters…oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts combined with juicy pears, dried cherries, milk and eggs. Pour it all into an 8×8 pan and toss it in the oven to bake. Breakfast doesn’t get much tastier or easier.
So start the coffee, keep on the fluffy slippers and watch the snow come down! Save the shoveling for later! Enjoy!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups diced pears I used red anjou
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined. Add pecans, cherries and pears.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup if desired.