This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a MUST for all that fabulous summer zucchini! It’s moist, loaded with chocolate chips and the kids will never know there’s zucchini in it! It’s perfect for dessert, breakfast or snacking!
Hope you’re not tired of summer zucchini yet, because this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a summer MUST!
Super Easy Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips
Growing up, my mother went through this zucchini phase one summer. I’ll never forget it. It was this Cheesy Zucchini Casserole with ground beef, zucchini boats filled with all kinds of concoctions, kabobs with zucchini…the list goes on.
But my mother was never a baker, so we never had zucchini bread.
Last year was my first attempt at zucchini bread. I made this Chocolate Zucchini Bread and even Mr. Picky was all about it. You know, I never mentioned the word zucchini when I served it up because if I did I knew he’d never give it a try.
I grabbed a few zucchini at a local stand a few weeks back and I think I’ve made and shared this loaf at least a half a dozen times already.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- chocolate chips
It’s moist, loaded with chocolate chips and you know who is none the wiser that it’s also loaded with the Z word. This loaf is perfect for breakfast, dessert or snacking! Bet the kiddos would love a slice in their lunch boxes too! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
I used a 9×5-inch loaf pan for this recipe.
You can use whatever chocolate chips you have on hand. Either semi-sweet or milk chocolate work or even a combination of both. I used 3/4 cup in the loaf and the remaining 1/4 cup on top.
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes to Enjoy
Zucchini Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan
Chocolate Chip Zucchini BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Add the shredded zucchini with a spatula until combined. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top and then sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If your loaf seems to be browning too quickly, just tent with foil. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Join the Conversation