Looking for a way to showcase those tasty summer cherries? Try these Streusel Topped Cherry Pie Bites!
Don’t ya just love summer cherries?
I’ve been buying bag after bag and and enjoying each and every last one!
I teased you guys with these Streusel Topped Cherry Pie Bites on IG a few days ago. I just couldn’t resist sharing!
These little beauties may be small, but they’re BIG on flavor!
I made them for the 4th and they flew right off the dessert tray. With some vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream on the side, they’re a summer fave you won’t be able to resist!
I made them SUPER simple by using some refrigerated pie crusts too. You can opt to make homemade, but I know how busy summer is and if there’s a way to cut out a step so you can spend some extra time outside instead of slaving in the kitchen, I’m there for you!
The cherry filling is a combination of juicy tart cherries, sugar, cornstarch for thickening, vanilla extract and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
And you know me. I had to add some streusel topping. It’s a must!
These little bites are da bomb and perfect for summer! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Streusel Topped Cherry Pie Bites Recipe:
I used Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts for this recipe. Feel free to make homemade if you’d prefer.
I added some finely chopped pecans to my streusel topping, but you could substitute walnuts if you’d rather.
If you’re not a fan of streusel (you may be a bit crazy), you could omit and use the scraps of pie dough to make a mini cutout to top each of the pie bites with.
Streusel Topped Cherry Pie BitesPrint Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. pecans, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Cherry Pie Bites
- 1 14.1-oz. package Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine light brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and pecans. Add the melted butter and stir together with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
Cherry Pie Bites
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place rack in middle of oven. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aide. Using one crust at a time, unroll crust on a lightly floured work surface. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cutter (I used a flower cutter), cut out circles. Re-roll remaining dough and continue to cut more circles until all dough is used up. (36 total) Press circles into muffin tins. Place muffin tins in refrigerator while you make the filling,
- For the filling, in a medium saucepan, combine cherries, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until the cherries begin to release their juices. Continue to cook until the mixtures thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract,
- Spoon about one heaping teaspoon into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each cup with some of the streusel. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges of cups begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.