This decadent Chocolate Zucchini Bread is rich, moist and over the top chocolatey!
I’m bringin’ on more zucchini folks. I know it’s a little early in the season for most people, but I grabbed a bunch of beautiful zucchini a few weeks back down here in Florida at a local farm stand and didn’t use them all when I made Monday’s Zucchini Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan. So here we are…Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
And can you believe it? I’ve never made a zucchini bread. It’s been on my baking bucket list for quite a while.
It’s the perfect recipe to get your daily dose of veggies! You can sneak it in and no one’s the wiser. Even Mr. Picky missed it and he NEVER, ever eats zucchini. I love tricking him.
And getting him to try a slice of this super moist, double chocolatey zucchini bread was easier than I thought. He loved it because I just called it chocolate brownie bread. He fell, hook, line and sinker. #sorrynotsorry
I’ll be heading up north very soon, so I’ll be on the lookout for summer zucchini and baking up a few of these again for us and for friends. Hope you guys give this one a try too! Enjoy!
A few other favorite quick bread recipes here at the BHK are my Blueberry Lemon Loaf and my Rhubarb Crumb Loaf.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe:
I added the chocolate chips on top, but this is totally optional. Highly encouraged, but optional.
Squeeze your shredded zucchini gently in paper towels to get out some of the moisture before adding to the batter.
Chocolate Zucchini BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini, squeezed gently in paper towels to remove some of the moisture
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugars, egg, vanilla extract and zucchini. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips, if using. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Join the Conversation