The Sauvignon Sunset Cocktail is light and refreshing. It’s a delicious summer cocktail!
Hi friends and Happy Thirsty Thursday!!
I’m so excited to share today’s cocktail, the Sauvignon Sunset! I’ve had this refreshing little libation in my cocktail arsenal for quite a while, so I’ve been kind of holding out on you guys. I apologize, but I really, really wanted to share it at the right time, and with Memorial Day just a few short weeks away I thought it would be the perfect little cocktail to kick off the summer season! I also realized that I haven’t shared a specialty cocktail on the blog since last summer when I shared my Charleston Fizz and my Blackberry Mojito, so I needed to change that ASAP!
When it comes to mixed drinks I’m a fruity girl through and through, especially during the summer. The Sauvignon Sunset is a combination of Sauvignon Blanc, Domaine De Canton which is a fresh ginger-flavored liqueur, pineapple juice, some tasty homemade rosemary simple syrup and topped off with a splash of club soda. Sounds summery and refreshing, am I right?! I can guarantee I’ll be enjoying this one all summer long friends.
This cocktail was inspired by a drink called “the Wine Down” from The Cocktail Club in one of my favorite cities, Charleston, South Carolina. If you’re a regular follower of the blog you know my heart is in Charleston. It’s such a charming city, full of lots of wonderful people with my son Sean at the top of the list, food that’s to die for, gorgeous sites and fabulous shopping. I’m counting the days until my next visit!
I hope you all enjoy the Sauvignon Sunset as you toast the summer of 2016! Enjoy your weekend and as always, thank you so much for following along at the BHK. I appreciate your support and all your wonderful comments! Cheers! Mary Ann
The Sauvignon SunsetPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 oz. Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 ounce Domaine De Canton
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz. rosemary simple syrup
- club soda
- Rosemary Simple Syrup - makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 fresh sprigs of rosemary
- Rosemary Simple Syrup: Stir together water and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour the liquid through a fine strainer discarding the rosemary sprigs.
- Place liquid in a jar and keep chilled in refrigerator. Will keep for 1 month.
- Drink: Add Sauvignon Blanc, Domaine De Canton, pineapple juice and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into glass filled with ice. Top with a light splash of club soda and a sprig or two of fresh rosemary.
Join the Conversation