These Sausage and Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups are easy and delicious and the perfect breakfast for the back to school season. In a hurry? Just grab one or two and go! A favorite with the kiddos and adults too!
OK all you moms and dads out there. The gig is up.
It’s back to packing lunches and whipping up a delicious breakfast for the kiddos before school.
But no need to worry, I’ve gotcha covered.
Back to School Sausage and Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups
These tasty roll-ups are a kid and adult favorite at our house. They only require a few ingredients and they’re not difficult to make. They always fly off the table.
Sausage and Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups Ingredients
- American cheese
- sliced bread
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- syrup and/or ketchup for serving
Another great thing about them is that they can be a grab and go if you’re running late. No need for a fork and knife if you’ve got to dash out the door.
You can serve these roll-ups with syrup or salt and pepper and ketchup for dipping. Both work.
Growing up, my Gram was in charge of our breakfast before school. She would make eggs, French toast, waffles…you name it. And Gram never served our French toast with syrup. It was always with salt and pepper. If you’re in the mood for sweet go with syrup. In a savory mood…salt, pepper and ketchup. You decide.
These are a quick but hearty breakfast that are sure to keep the kids satisfied until lunch.
I’m keeping things short today because I remember the first days of back to school. Supplies to get, papers to sign…so good luck to everyone! Have a great school year!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Sausage and Cheese French Toast Roll-Ups
I use white bread for my roll-ups, but you can use whatever you prefer.
And as mentioned above you can serve them with syrup or ketchup and salt and pepper.
I also made my roll-ups with American cheese sliced thin so they’re easy to roll up. You could use any kind of cheese that you like as long as it’s sliced thin.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 14 sausage links
- 14 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 14 slices American cheese, sliced thin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- maple syrup, for serving
- ketchup, for serving
- salt and pepper, for serving
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish/bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Flatten each slice of the bread (crusts removed) with a rolling pin. Place one slice of cheese on each slice of bread. Place one sausage link at the end of each slice of bread topped with the cheese and roll up tightly.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of the butter in the skillet. Dip each roll-up in the egg mixture, tossing until coated well and then cook in the skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on all sides, turning often. Serve warm with syrup, ketchup, salt and pepper, if desired.