This Skillet Brioche Egg and Sausage Strata is a quick and easy dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Prep takes just five minutes and you’ll only need a handful of ingredients. You’re going to LOVE how tasty it is too!
Hey there folks! I’m making today’s post super short and sweet just like the meal I’m serving up…this Skillet Brioche Egg and Sausage Strata.
I’ve been working on some exciting projects with some brands I’ve admired for quite a while. Great things are coming guys, so stay tuned!
I was swamped last week and one night I honestly hadn’t even thought ahead to dinner. I had stuff in the freezer, but I was kind of craving breakfast for dinner (as I often do), so I decided to forage around in my fridge and pantry and see what I could cook up.
Skillet Brioche Egg and Sausage Strata Ingredients
- heavy cream
- kosher salt and pepper
- cheddar cheese
- yellow onion
- precooked breakfast sausage patties
- brioche hamburger rolls
I had a little bit of this and little bit of that. I had a few leftover brioche hamburger buns, some refrigerated Jimmy Dean precooked sausage patties, some cheddar cheese and of course eggs, milk and heavy cream which I always have in my fridge.
B-I-N-G-O…it’s breakfast for dinner!
To prep things, I sautéed my onions, shredded my cheese, chopped my sausage, cubed my brioche buns and whisked my eggs, milk, and heavy cream together with some kosher salt and pepper.
You’ll start everything cooking on your stovetop and then pop it into the oven to finish it off. I used my Staub skillet (not a sponsored post) because it’s my favorite and just thought I’d share.
Hope you give this ridiculously easy strata a try guys. You could even add some veggies instead of the sausage if you want a vegetarian version.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Skillet Brioche Egg and Sausage Strata
I used a combination of milk and heavy cream. It makes the strata just a smidge richer and creamier in my opinion.
I used shredded yellow cheddar, but white is fine too, or maybe even some pepper jack for a kick.
For added flavor, feel free to add one teaspoon of Herbes de Provence.
More Delicious Egg Recipes to Enjoy
Sausage Tomato Spinach and Mozzarella Eggs Cups
Skillet Brioche Egg and Sausage StrataPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 Jimmy Dean pre-cooked breakfast sausage patties chopped
- 3 brioche hamburger buns, cubed into 1-1 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large 10-inch oven-safe skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, in medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the shredded cheddar. Set aside.
- When the onions are done browning, add the sausage and bread to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Add the egg mixture to the skillet pressing down on the top with a spatula to make sure all the bread is soaked with the egg mixture, then transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 14 minutes or until the strata appears puffy, lightly browned and begins to pull away from the edges of the skillet. Serve immediately.
Join the Conversation