These Crispy Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cups are ridiculously easy to make and if you’re a fan of the chocolate/coconut combination, you’re going to LOVE these!
Today, I’m changing things up a bit and sharing a little candy treat for your holiday sweets tray. If you’re a fan of chocolate, coconut or both, this little number is right up your alley!
I love making homemade candy and during the Christmas season, I make several different kinds. Caramels, fudge, toffee, chocolate bark, peanut butter cups…you name it, I’ve tried it.
And since we all know how busy the holidays are, a quick and easy recipe always fits the bill. So in come these Crispy Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cups. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy guys!
Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cup Ingredients
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chocolate almond bark
- crunchy almond butter
- sprinkles or nonpareils
Not only are these super delicious, the recipe only requires five ingredients and it makes a lot, so these are perfect to help fill up your holiday sweets tray or for gifting to friends and family this season.
How to Make these Crispy Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cups
First, you’ll want to toast your unsweetened shredded coconut in your oven until it’s lightly browned. You’ll need to keep an eye on the tray because it will go from lightly toasted to burnt rather quickly.
Grab a large bowl and add the cooled toasted coconut to it followed by the Rice Krispies cereal. Whisk both together. Place your chopped almond bark in a microwavable bowl and microwave in 20 -second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the crunchy almond butter until well combined and then pour this mixture over the Rice Krispies mixture until everything is well coated.
You’ll scoop the mixture into individual mini paper liners or you can even spread the mixture on a wax paper lined baking sheet and wait for it to harden and then break it into chunks. Both ways work perfectly fine.
These cups are irresistible and a total hit at out house! Hope your family enjoys them too!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Crispy Chocolate Coconut Crunch Cups
The amount of cups will really depend on how much you scoop into each of your mini baking cups, but you’ll have around 45. It will also depend on how much you eat along the way while you’re scooping. It’s hard to resist.
You can also use regular almond butter if you can’t find crunchy.
More Delicious Candy Recipes to Enjoy
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 16 oz. chocolate almond bark, chopped
- 1/4 cup crunchy almond butter
- sprinkles or nonpareils, optional for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the unsweetened shredded coconut to the tray and bake for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Watch carefully because it can go from lightly browned to burnt rather quickly. Remove from the oven. Let cool and then pour into a bowl.
- Add the Rice Krispies to the bowl with the coconut and whisk together.
- Place chopped almond bark in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Stir the crunchy almond butter into the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over Rice Krispies mixture and stir carefully until Rice Krispies are thoroughly coated .Scoop mixture into individual cups and top with sprinkles or nonpareils or spread out on a wax paper lined baking sheet until dry. Then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container.