This Black Widow Cocktail sweetened with blackberry preserves is the perfect little libation to celebrate Halloween this year!
Halloween is just around the corner friends, so I think a spooky little libation is in order, don’t you??
I’m all about a special signature cocktail for the holidays!
Truth be told, I enjoy a cocktail even when it’s not a holiday!
Do you remember last year’s Halloween cocktail? The Vampire’s Venom?
So delicious and MAJOR spooky factor with the dry ice! So fun and festive!
And how bout my Thanksgiving cocktail last year? The Fall Dark ‘N Stormy. Apple cider, bourbon and ginger beer. So deliciously fall!
This year’s Black Widow Cocktail has got amped up flavor from the addition of some blackberry preserves.
Have you ever added preserves to your cocktail?
If not, you certainly need to give it a go soon.
Just a tablespoon or two added to your cocktail gives it just the right amount of sweetness and such a boost in flavor.
You know I’m a gin girl and the elderflower liquer is also high on my list.
It’s got a sweet, but not overly so, delicate flavor that’s perfect in combination with the gin, fresh lemon juice and blackberry preserves. This is one tasty signature cocktail guys!
Cheers to Halloween 2018! Enjoy!
Black Widow CocktailPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. blackberry preserves
- splash club soda
- blackberries, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice and blackberry preserves. Shake well. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with fresh blackberries.
Join the Conversation