Ok guys, my ride on the party bus is coming to a complete stop. It’s been fun, but really it’s time for me to get off before all I have left that fits are my stretchy pants! If your house is anything like mine around holiday time it’s been weeks and weeks of sweets….candies, cakes, cookies, brownies and pies. It’s all been delicious and I have LOVED every morsel, but today it’s B-I-N-G-O in the front row of the brussels sprouts bus for me! Want to join me?? Oh come on, trust me. These are gonna be good!
I happen to really LOVE brussels sprouts, but I feel like brussels sprouts don’t really get the recognition they deserve. They are high in protein, low in calories and with just one serving you meet your vitamin C requirement for the day! Just remember, it’s how you dress them up that makes them yummy. Roasting them brings out their somewhat sweet, nutty flavor, but it’s the glaze in this recipe that’s going to change your mind about this important veggie with benefits. The spicy horseradish, sweet honey, tangy mustard glaze and of course, the addition of a huge crowd pleaser…. BACON moves this veggie from the back of the bus right up to the front row!!
- 20 ounces brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, then halved
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup honey
- 5 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 3 Tbsp. coarse-grained mustard
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While sprouts are cooking place diced bacon in small skillet and cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Whisk together horseradish, honey and mustard in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Remove brussels sprouts from oven and place in large bowl. Toss sprouts with bacon and the glaze. Serve immediately.