These Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits are loaded with pimento cheese and are perfect alongside a soup or salad.
Hiya friends! How was everyone’s weekend? Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I did my fair share of relaxing just as planned, so the weekend was perfect!
I have to say I’m jonesin’ friends. Jonesin’ for one of my favorite places….Charleston! I have a little trip planned to go and visit Sean, my older son at the beginning of June, but until then that only means one thing. It’s time to whip up some pimento cheese, and not only eat it right out of the bowl, but also include it in whatever recipes I can, like these deliciously savory Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits until the longing for one of my favorite cities subsides!
If you’ve never tried pimento cheese, aka “the caviar of the South”, you’re missing out! And if you’re a regular follower of the blog, you might remember that I tried it for the first time in Charleston when Sean started college there a few years back. It was on an unbelievably amazing grilled pimento cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich. It was love at first bite! The sharp cheddar cheese, the pimentos, a dash of cayenne for kick and a little mayo to hold it all together make this Southern spread a must try.
These Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits are so easy to make and go perfect with just about anything! Soups, salads, fried chicken, ribs…anything. If you want to have some extra for your cheese tray just double my recipe for the pimento cheese. And if you’re still hungry and looking for additional pimento cheese recipes, don’t forget about my Pimento Cheese Stuffed Potato Skins with Bacon and Jalapeños! They’re another pimento cheese favorite!
Hope you enjoy my favorite taste of the South guys! Have a wonderful week!
- Pimento Cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup pimentos drained and finely copped
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups pimento cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pimento cheese: In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients for pimento cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the 1 1/2 cups pimento cheese.
- Drops in large mounds onto prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. I made 10 equal sized biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Serve warm.