These Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are a creative spin on the classic Philadelphia sandwich. A tasty combination of ground beef, provolone cheese and veggies make for the perfect sammie for your family dinner or game day feast!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Zoup! Good, Really Good®. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Where are all my sloppy joe fans?? These Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are the perfect choice for your next family dinner or game day party!
I created this recipe with the help of my friends from Zoup! Good, Really Good® using their Culinary Concentrate™ Beef Base with Bone Broth and you’re definitely going to want to give these a try folks!
They’re super easy to make, zesty and a total crowd pleaser.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
If you’re a fan of the classic sandwich, the Philadelphia Cheesesteak, I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe.
Can’t beat the ease of a sloppy joe recipe. Just brown your beef and veggies and then add the remaining ingredients. It’s that simple.
This recipe is perfect for your family dinner or for your game day festivities.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Zoup! Culinary Concentrate™ Beef Base with Bone Broth
- ground beef
- green bell pepper
- yellow onion
- garlic powder
- Montreal steak seasoning
- light brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- spicy brown mustard
- mild provolone cheese
Zoup! Beef Base with Bone Broth is made in small batches and adds such rich, homemade flavor to any dish. There’s no added sugar which is important to me, as well as no artificial flavors or preservatives. It’s also paleo and keto-friendly and gluten free. One thing I really love is that it’s lower in sodium and higher in protein than the competition.
Their Culinary Concentrate™ line includes beef, chicken and savory vegan bases and they also offer shelf-stable soups, like Chicken Potpie and Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage, as well as traditional broths and bone broths.
The products are packaged in recyclable and reusable glass jars and available for purchase at select retailers across the country , through Instacart , and online at ZoupBroth.com and Amazon.com . Use code 20BEACHHOUSE for 20% off your first Zoup! purchase on Amazon (valid until
The first step is to brown your ground beef with your peppers and onions.
You’ll drain your fat and then stir in your Zoup! Beef Base with Bone Broth, water, spices, brown sugar, Worcestershire, ketchup and brown mustard. You will cook the mixture until the liquid is reduced and until heated through.
Last up will be to add in your shredded provolone cheese until melted and smooth.
I’ve been a fan of sloppy joes since I was a kid. I distinctly remember those nights when Mom had a long day and needed a recipe she knew was quick to pull together, yet sure to satisfy and that was a sloppy joe night for sure.
Next time you’ve got a busy night with the kiddos I hope you give this tasty, simple recipe a try. It’s a classic with a Philly spin that’s you’re going to love!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
I use 80/20 ground beef for this recipe.
The cheese I use for today’s recipe is mild provolone, but you could substitute sharp provolone. I have also made these sloppy joes with cheddar cheese.
This recipe makes roughly 8 servings. If you’re serving less, just half the recipe.
More Delicious Recipes to Enjoy for Your Family Dinner or Game Day
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy JoesPrint Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lb. ground beef, I use 80/20
- 1 cup green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. Zoup! Culinary Concentrate™ Beef Base with Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup shredded mild provolone cheese
- Add your butter to a large deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until melted. Add the ground beef, chopped green bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook until the meat is no longer pink and the veggies are softened. Drain fat.
- Stir in your water, Zoup! Beef Bone Broth Base, garlic powder, Montreal steak seasoning, light brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and spicy brown mustard until well combined. Cook until the liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Add your provolone cheese and mix until melted. Serve with buns.