These Cuban Sliders are my take on the classic Cubano sandwich. These little sammies are loaded with mojo pork, ham, swiss, pickles and mustard sandwiched between buttery sweet rolls. They’re absolutely irresistible! Perfect for lunch, dinner or game day!
It’s been a while since I shared a tasty slider around these parts, hasn’t it?!
Well, today I’m sharing these totally irresistible Cuban Sliders and I know you’re gonna LOVE ’em! These little sammies are my take on the classic Cubano Sandwich.
What is a Cubano?
A Cubano is a variation of a ham and cheese sandwich, but soooo much better. It’s got ham, mojo pork, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard all on Cuban bread.
Cuban Sliders Ingredients
- Hawaiian rolls
- deli ham
- mojo roast pork
- Swiss Cheese
- poppy seeds
- garlic powder
- onion powder
For my version, I decided to use my favorite King’s Hawaiian slider rolls. It’s my go-to for slider recipes.
My local food market also carries prepared mojo pork at the cold cut counter in the prepared foods section, so that makes these sliders so simple to throw together.
If you’re new to mojo, it’s a sauce made from fresh orange juice, lime juice, garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin and oregano. It’s a flavorful combination that makes the pork just delicious.
When I can’t find already prepared mojo pork, I use my recipe HERE for the pork, cooking it through step two in the recipe and omitting the remainder of the recipe for crisping up the pork in the oven. You will only need about 2 cups of the mojo pork for this recipe, so you can use the remainder for another meal. Believe me, it won’t go to waste.
These sliders are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and when you double the recipe, they’re a great option for when you’re expecting a crowd for dinner or game day.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cuban Sliders
As mentioned above, to make things simple check your local market’s prepared food section to see if they have a good mojo pork. You’ll need about 2 cups for this recipe.
If you do decide to make homemade mojo pork check out my recipe that’s linked above. You can make the pork the night before if you’d like, so the day you serve the sliders they’ll be easy to assemble and bake.
More Delicious Slider Recipes to Enjoy
- 8 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, halved
- 2 cups shredded mojo pork
- 12 oz. deli ham, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dill pickle slices, about 24 total (two per slider)
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for butter topping until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a large knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a portion of tops and a portion of bottoms. You want both portions of the rolls to remain connected, so there are two slabs. Place the bottom portion in the prepared pan.
- Place the ham on top of the roll bottoms, then the shredded mojo pork, the pickle slices and finally the cheese slices. Spread the mustard on the underside of the top portion of the rolls and then place the rolls on top of the cheese. Pour the butter mixture evenly on top of the rolls making sure to get in between all the cracks.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, then bake covered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove foil and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cut into individual sliders and serve immediately.