A tangy combination of sweet and spicy, these Hot Honey Pulled Chicken Sliders are a quick and super easy crowd favorite!
Hey there folks!
How’s everyone’s week going? I cannot believe in just a few days February will be behind us. I mean, where did it go???
Before you know it we’ll all be watching baseball and enjoying some beautiful spring weather. I guess the ground hog was spot on this year. It’s been a mild winter and it’s looking like we’ll be enjoying an early spring.
When the days start to get a little longer and temps begin to warm up, I’m all about soaking up as much outside fun as I can, so that means some quick and easy meals on our dinner menu.
These Hot Honey Pulled Chicken Sliders are beyond super simple. The tangy combination of sweet and spicy is always a crowd favorite.
The sauce is made from a tasty combination of hot sauce, honey, brown sugar and butter. That’s it. Easy, right? And you can swap out the pulled chicken for some pulled pork if you’d like.
I’ve been known to have a jar of this hot honey sauce stored in my fridge for whenever the craving for these little sammies hits.
I love to serve the sammies with some coleslaw, homemade or store bought, and some dill or sweet pickle slices. They’re perfect for parties and potlucks. Enjoy!
A few other sandwich favorites here at the BHK are my Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders and my Philly French Dip Sandwiches with Peppers, Onions and Cheese.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Hot Honey Pulled Chicken Sliders Recipe:
I brine my chicken in some salted water for about 30 minutes, before cooking it to ensure it’s nice and moist.
The recipe for the sauce will make about 2 1/2 cups, so you will have more than you need. Add as much as you’d like to the shredded chicken and serve the remainder on the side or store in the fridge in a jar for later.
As mentioned above, you can use this sauce for pulled chicken sliders or pulled pork sliders.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 breasts (makes about 4 cups shredded chicken)
- 1 1/3 cup hot sauce, I use Frank's
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Fill a large bowl with 6 cups cold water and 3 tablespoons kosher salt. Add chicken pieces. Mix well. Let chicken sit in brine for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add chicken breasts to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pot and let cool. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred. Return shredded chicken to the pot.
- Combine hot sauce, honey, light brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan whisking until well combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once mixture boils, lower to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour some of the hot honey sauce over the shredded chicken in the pot. Use as much sauce as you'd like. You can reserve the remainder in a jar in your refrigerator or serve on the side.