This Pecan Cinnamon Roll Ice Box Cake is your favorite breakfast treat morphed into a refreshingly cool ice box cake!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Diamond of California Nuts. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Hi ya folks!
So, I know the Oreo Blondies with Oreo Cookie Crust from Monday were crazy good. I enjoyed more than my share, believe me.
But today’s Pecan Cinnamon Roll Ice Box Cake may be the easiest and tastiest dessert to come out of my kitchen all summer!
It was my first attempt at an ice box cake too, and literally, this is one cake you can’t mess up.
I’ll go out on a limb here guys and say even Tom could make one.
I’ll go out on an even bigger limb and say even my son Casey could make one.
It’s your favorite breakfast cinnamon roll morphed into a absolutely smooth and creamy, fabulously nutty, cinnamony, refreshingly cool ice box cake!
If you’ve never made an ice box cake, the time is now!
I made this cake about a month ago at the beach and shared with neighbors to rave reviews. Then I made it again. And again. And again.
I mean how can you go wrong with luscious layers of cinnamon whipped cream cheese, toasted pecans and graham crackers?
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pecan Cinnamon Roll Ice Box Cake Recipe:
Make sure to line your loaf pan with enough of a plastic wrap overhang, so you can remove it easily from the pan.
I like to freeze my ice box cake, so it’s easier to cut. I freeze and then an hour or so before serving I place it in the fridge to thaw a bit.
Y’all know my love for pecans. And toasting pecans takes their flavor to a whole ‘nother level, so I highly urge you not to skip this step!
And you know what brand of pecans I’m using, right? Diamond of CA Nuts.
I’m so excited to continue my partnership with Diamond of CA Nuts through 2019. Woot woot!
I’ve got some delicious recipes heading your way over the next year using their quality products, so get ready! It’s gonna be tasty folks!
This Pecan Cinnamon Roll Ice Box Cake is the PERFECT treat for the holiday weekend ahead! Hope you give it a go! Happy Labor Day! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Diamond of CA chopped pecans
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling on top of cake
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 9 sheets graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on a large baking sheet and lightly toast in oven for 7-8 minutes or until fragrant. When cool, roughly chop and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, add the cream cheese, sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon. Whip at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla and continue to whip raising speed to medium-high speed until still peaks begin to form.
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Make sure enough of the plastic wrap hangs from the sides for easy removal of the cake.
- Spread a generous layer of the cinnamon cream cheese whipped cream evenly in the bottom of the loaf pan. Add a layer of the pecans, then the graham crackers. (I used three) You want the whipped cream layer to be as much covered as possible. Continue to layer the whipped cream cheese mixture, the pecans and the graham crackers until you reach the top of the loaf pan. I had 3 layers total. End with a thin layer of the whipped cream cheese.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze 5 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer an hour before serving and place in refrigerator to soften a bit. Uncover the loaf pan. Place a serving platter over the cake and invert the cake onto the platter. Peel away the plastic wrap. Dust the top of the cake with ground cinnamon, if desired. Cut into slices and serve immediately.