Ridiculously easy and decadently irresistible, these Oreo Blondies with Oreo Cookie Crust are guaranteed to be a hit!
Wait. How is Labor Day a week away?!
Why do the winter months never fly by as quickly as summer does?
It seems like I just broke out the Coppertone and flip flops and BOOM, our thoughts are already drifting towards falling leaves, warm sweaters and pumpkin recipes.
You know my heart belongs to summer, so I’ll be savoring each and every last day until my tootsies are too cold in flip flops and people start to look at me funny for wearing shorts when the temps start to dip!
So this week, to take the sting out of the approaching Labor Day weekend, we’ll be treating our sweet tooths to my two new favorite desserts!
First off, these Oreo Blondies with Oreo Cookie Crust.
Tom’s exact words after his first bite…..these are ridiculous!
I know blondies aren’t anything new. And I know people have topped them with Oreos, but blondies topped with Oreos with an Oreo cookie crust? Heck yeah!
It’s triple the deliciousness!
Golden blondies with a fantastic vanilla flavor, atop a dark Oreo cookie crust and then topped with some Oreo cookie pieces. Sounds like something you should drop everything for and start baking, am I right?!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Oreo Blondies with Oreo Cookie Crust Recipe:
I used my 9-inch cheesecake pan for easy removal, but you can also use a 9-inch baking pan.
I tested these several times, and finally decided that the perfect bake time was around 35-40 minutes. You don’t want to overbake. So depending on your oven, start checking around 35 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies should come out with a few crumbs.
You will need to exercise some patience and let these beauties cool for at least an hour and up to two before cutting.
You can cut them into squares or wedges, or you skip the cutting, grab a fork and have at it!
If you want these to be even more decadent, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I can’t think of a better way to drown my end of summer sorrows. Can you?
Don’t forget to pop by the blog again this Thursday for another special dessert that’s super easy and PERFECT for your Labor Day get together too!
Hope y’all have an awesome week! Enjoy!
Oreo Blondies with Oreo Cookie CrustPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8-10 Oreo Cookies, broken into pieces
Oreo Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 9-inch cheesecake pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse a few times until you have fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Place crumbs in the bottom of your prepared pan. Pack the crumbs down with your fingers. Bake crust for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time until well combined. Add the vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the Oreo cookie crust, smoothing the top. Top with broken Oreo cookie pieces. Bake until edges are lightly browned and toothpick inserted in middle of blondies comes out with just a few crumbs, about 35- 40 minutes. Begin checking at 35 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Let blondies cool at least one hour and up to two before cutting into wedges or squares. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Join the Conversation