This Peach Corn Caprese Couscous Salad is an easy, refreshing summer favorite!
It’s time to grab a handful of those ripe, juicy summer peaches and some of that delicious summer sweet corn folks!
Today, I’m serving up a Peach Corn Caprese Couscous Salad that’s to die for!
I’m not sure about your house, but during the summer when Jersey tomatoes are in full swing, caprese salads are a staple on our table at the beach.
What is a Caprese Salad?
A caprese salad is a super easy Italian salad made of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil that’s seasoned with some salt and dressed with olive oil.
I decided to shake things up a smidge with today’s caprese salad replacing the classic tomatoes with peaches and adding some fresh Jersey sweet corn and pearl couscous which makes it heartier than the traditional version.
It’s all tossed in a tangy white balsamic vinaigrette that I’ve sweetened with just a bit of honey. It’s a super light, yet satisfying summer salad.
It’s perfect for lunch or a light dinner with maybe some grilled chicken and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Hope you give it a go! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Peach Corn Caprese Couscous Salad Recipe:
You can use white, yellow or a mix of sweet corn for this recipe.
I sweetened the dressing with some honey. I thought two tablespoons was enough sweetness, but if you prefer your dressing sweeter, than by all means, add more.
You can cut your peaches into slices or chunks for this salad. Do whatever you prefer.
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups pearl couscous, cooked according to package directions
- 3 ears corn, cooked and cut off the cob
- 4 peaches, pits removed and sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 8-oz. container bite-size fresh mozzarella, drained
- 12-14 basil leaves, torn into pieces, plus 3-4 extra leaves for garnish
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake well and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with chilled dressing until all ingredients are well coated. Serve immediately.