This Pasta with White Beans and Arugula is a hearty, healthier comfort food dish that couldn’t be easier to pull together for those busy weeknights!
Looking for a hearty, healthier comfort food dish that’s delicious AND comes to the table in less than 30 minutes?
Today’s Pasta with White Beans and Arugula is just the dish!
When I’ve got a busy week ahead and know that preparing dinner is going to need to be quick and easy, this is always one of my go-to dishes.
It’s less than 30 minutes from start to finish and loaded with satisfying ingredients that never seem to disappoint.
Some of my favorite dishes here at the BHK feature superfood cannellini beans.
I love how they’re loaded with calcium (something I need at my age), iron and B vitamins. They’ve also got lots of fiber, protein and keep me full and satisfied for hours.
And nothing beats the fact that they’re inexpensive and so easy to cook with.
If you haven’t checked out my White Bean and Tomato Ragout over Ciabatta, my White Bean and Chorizo Stew, my White Bean Turkey Chili or my White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, you should really take a peek. They’re all so flavorful and delicious. Clearly, I’ve got a thing for white beans!
So here’s to a delicious meal that’ll be a hit with all and on your table in less than 30 minutes!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pasta with White Beans and Arugula Recipe:
I used bowties for this recipe, but you could substitute any medium sized pasta.
I love pecorino romano cheese, but you could also use parmesan, if you have that on hand.
I love the peppery flavor of arugula, but this pasta dish would also work with baby spinach.
Pasta with White Beans and ArugulaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. arugula leaves
- 1 15.8-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino-romano cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 cup pasta water
- In a large pot, boil salted water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions, reserving one cup pasta water before draining. Set reserved pasta water aside. Return the pasta to the pot and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute, stirring often. Add the arugula and increase the heat to medium-high, stirring until arugula begins to wilt, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, broth, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes, then reduce heat to a simmer and contiue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss the arugula bean mixture with the pasta along with the lemon juice and freshly grated pecorino-romano cheese. Add desired amount of hot pasta water if pasta seems dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with extra grated cheese.
Join the Conversation