These delicious homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are a crowd favorite! They’re packed with oats, chocolate chips, pecans and a hint of cinnamon! They’re such a treat!
Who’s looking for a SUPER easy weekend baking project?
I’ve gotcha covered guys!
The BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are always a crowd fave around here. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and just about 30 minutes to whip up these indulgent bars. They’re rich and chewy and absolutely perfect with a tall cold glass of milk.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Ingredients
- old fashioned oats
- all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
I not only love the taste of these cookie bars, I love how they are so easy to make. I always find when I’ve got a craving for cookies, but I’m in a super lazy mood, cookie bars totally do the trick. No scooping individual cookies, just make the dough and add to a baking dish and bake. I mean easy, right?
And if you’re so inclined to treat yourself to not only one of these nice warm bars fresh from the oven, but also a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top I think that would be the best decision you’ll make all day!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Bars
You will use old fashioned oats for this recipe, not quick oats.
I used semisweet chocolate chips here, but you could substitute milk chocolate chips. You could even use half chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips.
These are delicious with pecans (my fave) or walnuts or almonds. You choose your favorite.
I love the added taste of the cinnamon, but if you’re not a fan just omit.
More Delicious Bar Cookie Recipes to Enjoy
White Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and pecans. Spread batter into prepared dish. Smooth the top with a small rubber spatula. I spray mine with nonstick cooking spray so the batter doesn't stick and it's easier to spread.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the bars comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool. (best enjoyed warm with vanilla ice cream on top!)
Join the Conversation