These White Chocolate Raspberry Bars are the perfect little dessert to impress your Valentine this year! The raspberry white chocolate combo can’t be beat!
Paging all romantics. The countdown is on. Only 23 days until Valentine’s Day!
Do y’all do dinner in or dinner out? We don’t like to fight the crowds, so we like to relax at home with a nice bottle of wine, a roaring fire in the fireplace, a delicious dinner followed by a decadent dessert, and then top it all off with a good movie.
So has anyone got a plan yet? Remember guys, an unforgettable evening needs an organized plan, so now’s the perfect time to get the ball rolling! We’re a few weeks out, so if you want to impress your sweetheart with a killer feast AND enjoy a totally stress-free night, planning is essential.
Don’t worry though, you know I’ve gotcha covered! I’ll be sharing a few delicious recipes over the next few weeks that will give the love of your life all the heart eyes!
Let’s start with dessert shall we?
These White Chocolate Raspberry Bars are my new favorite little cookie bar. As soon as I saw the recipe for these beauties in America’s Test Kitchen’s book, The Perfect Cookie, I immediately thought, Valentine’s Day dessert! These bars are chewy and rich, and I guarantee you’ll have a hard time stopping at one. They’re sweet, but not overly so, and the juicy raspberries are the absolute PERFECT complement to the creamy white chocolate. I opted to sprinkle my bars with some confectioners’ sugar, but a drizzle of melted white chocolate would also be extremely appropriate. You’ll love how easy they are to make too. I bet even my Valentine could whip them up….hint hint! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. white chocolate
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus two teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or tinfoil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Roughly chop 3 ounces of the chocolate and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50 percent power in 20 seconds intervals until melted and smooth, stirring often. Chop remainder of chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Reduce speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Toss the raspberries in the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar to coat. Top batter with raspberries. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until edges are puffy and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let bars cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Remove bars from pan and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with some additional melted white chocolate. Cut into 16 bars.
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen, The Perfect Cookie