This Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Bark is quick and easy and perfect for gifting, as a dessert or a sweet afternoon pick-me-up!
Hello peeps! How was everyone’s weekend?
Who’s still looking for a quick and easy treat/snack/dessert for their Valentine? ♥
No need to worry folks. I’ve gotcha covered. Say hello to the simplest, most decadent, homemade confection for your sweetheart…Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Bark.
Dress it up with a few pretty flutes filled with some bubbly and fruit and your love bug will be weak in the knees! (Did I just say that?)
Not sure about you guys, but for me it’s hands down candy or a special dessert over flowers. Edible gifts are the way to my ♥.
This Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Bark is a combo of two kinds of chocolate, semisweet and bittersweet, toasted coconut chips, chopped pistachios and a sprinkling of Maldon sea salt flakes.
It literally takes less than ten minutes to whip up. It’s the easiest candy recipe you’ll ever make!
And what I love about making homemade bark is that it’s totally customizable. If you’re not a fan of pistachios, by all means substitute your favorite nut. If you’d rather go with all semisweet chocolate instead of a combination, have at it. It will be just as delicious, guaranteed. Want to add some dried fruit, like cherries, pineapple or apricots? That would be delicious.
Truth be told, I love making a batch not just for the Valentine’s holiday, but also to have on hand as a special little afternoon pick-me-up. A little piece or two just hits the spot.
And if you don’t need a big batch of bark, you can always cut the recipe in half. You decide.
Treat yourself or your sweetheart. You’re both worth it! Enjoy!
I was gifted these gorgeous champagne flutes from my friend Caron at Caron’s Beach House. Check out her site if you’d like some of your very own! Her products are beautiful!
I’ve got a delicious breakfast recipe that’s perfect for this weekend’s brunch along with a giveaway heading your way this Thursday, so hope you’ll stop by and check it out! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Bark Recipe:
As mentioned above, you can use a combination of semisweet and bittersweet chocolate or just go with one or the other.
You can also opt for any toppings that you prefer. If you’re not a fan of pistachios, substitute almonds or pecans. And if you’d like to add some dried fruit that would be totally delish too. I would suggest dried cherries, cranberries, apricots or pineapple.
I use Dang Toasted Coconut Chips that I find at my local market. If you can’t find them, you can also use unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I use Ghirardelli)
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (I use Ghirardelli)
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut chips, roughly chopped (I use Dang toasted coconut chips)
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Maldon sea salt flakes, for sprinkling, if desired
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Spread the melted chocolate on the prepared tray in an even layer about 1/8-1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle the melted chocolate with coconut chips, pistachios and sea salt flakes. Let the bark completely cool before breaking into pieces. I like to keep my bark in an airtight container in the fridge with wax paper in between the layers.