These Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies have got a super yummy flavor combination! They’re the perfect sweet treat for your next summer party or picnic.
So the other day I picked up a bag of jumbo marshmallows with the intention of making something s’mores to share. Then I realized I already have S’mores Cups, Decadent S’mores Brownies and S’mores Spritz Sandwich Cookies on the blog.
I certainly didn’t want to be one-dimensional or let the marshmallows go to waste, so I decided that something sweet with a combination of marshmallow and butterscotch had the potential to knock our socks off.
Get ready folks, because you’re gonna wanna bring these incredibly delish and ridiculously easy Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies to all your upcoming summer shindigs.
Or you may just want to hang and devour the whole 8×8 pan by yourself. You choose what suits your fancy, mmmmmmk?
These bars are buttery and rich with the perfect amount of marshmallow chewiness, while the butterscotch morsels provide a unique flavor that is sure to make these a family favorite! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Marshmallow Butterscotch Blondies Recipe:
I use large marshmallows that I slice in half for this recipe. You can substitute 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows.
You can cut the bars into as many squares as you prefer. They’re rich, so I like to cut mine into 16 squares.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels, plus a bit extra for sprinkling on top
- 15 large marshmallows, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time until well combined. Add the vanilla and continue to mix until incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in the butterscotch morsels and halved marshmallows until well combined.
- Press the blondie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the edges are set and the top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Let the bars totally cool before cutting into squares.