This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a flavor bomb in every delicious bite! It’s loaded with corn, red onion, roasted red pepper, jalapeño, fresh cilantro and Cotija cheese all in a zesty dressing! It’s perfect for all your summer parties!
Pasta salads during the summer are my jam. They feed a crowd and most of the time are low on effort, yet high on flavor. My Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp is a summer favorite here at the beach, but I have to say this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is giving it a run for its money. I’ve made it a few times since the 4th of July for friends and it’s gotten rave reviews! Check out the VIDEO below right above the recipe card too to see how easy it is to make!
This salad is jam-packed with some gorgeous summer Jersey corn, but if you don’t have any fresh on hand you can always use canned or frozen.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This pasta salad has over the top flavor! It’s a fiesta for your taste buds with each and every bite!
It feeds a crowd so it’s great for your summer get togethers!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- rotini pasta
- olive oil
- red onion
- roasted red peppers
- Cotija cheese
- sour cream
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
- kosher salt and pepper
First, you’ll cook your pasta al dente according to package directions. You’ll drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking you can whip up your dressing for the salad by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until well combined.
Next up will be be to cook your corn in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s lightly browned. If you use fresh corn, just shuck it right from the cob and add to the skillet. If you use canned just drain before adding. if you opt for frozen just add to the skillet.
To assemble the salad, you’ll add your drained and cooled pasta to a large bowl with your corn, red onion, roasted red peppers, jalapeño, cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese. Then you’ll toss with your dressing until well coated.
This is one zesty pasta salad that’s a wonderful way to use up some of that fabulous summer sweet corn. It would be a great choice for your next BBQ. We love it as a side for our burgers and hot dogs. Hope you guys give it a go.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
You can use fresh corn right off the cob, canned or frozen corn for this recipe, so this is a year round pasta salad.
I would definitely use smoked paprika instead of regular paprika for this recipe. The smoked flavor is really delicious.
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes to Enjoy
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad Video
Mexican Street Corn Pasta SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 12-oz. box rotini pasta, I used GoodWheat Pasta from ShopRite
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Cook you pasta in salted water al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse quickly under cold water and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook until lightly browned. Remove from the heat to a bowl to cool.
- Add you drained and cooled pasta, corn, red onion, roasted red peppers, jalapeno, cilantro and Cotija cheese to a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing until well coated.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk together until well combined. Set aside.