Sean’s Antipasto Pasta Salad is a hearty salad that comes together quickly and satisfies the heartiest of appetites.
Well, Happy Monday morning friends! How was everyone’s weekend?
If you happen to be a mom, I’m hoping your weekend was full of love, rest and relaxation and of course, some delicious food! My weekend was absolutely wonderful. The sun finally decided to show its face on Sunday which made Mother’s Day even more special! And a Mother’s Day breakfast at my favorite spot at the Jersey Shore, the Fishin’ Pier Grille, made the day just spectacular!
I am getting so excited guys because it was boppin’ this weekend at the beach! Everyone is working on their businesses, homes, boats and everything in between. Flowers are blooming, boats are going in the water and town is coming alive again! I’m anxiously counting the days til Memorial Day! Aren’t you?
Today’s recipe for Sean’s Antipasto Pasta Salad is a summer favorite and a favorite of my oldest son Sean (hence the name). When Sean was growing up, I made it all during the summer so he could take it to his summer jobs for lunch. I don’t think I know anyone who loves an Italian hoagie more than he does. So creating a pasta salad to change things up a bit with all his favorite hoagie ingredients was easy and immediately became a regular in the lunch rotation.
I think most pasta salads are relatively easy to whip up, but this one has to be the easiest ever. Just boil up your pasta, add some cubed hard salami, capicola ham, smoked provolone and some popular hoagie fixins’. I ask the people at the deli counter to slice me up two slices each of the cold cuts and the cheese, close to 1/2 inch thick and then I cube it all up. I add some roasted red peppers, grape tomatoes, red onion and banana peppers because those are Sean’s favorite hoagie toppings, but feel free to add what toppings you prefer. Toss it all with your favorite Italian dressing and BAM! Now, hopefully Sean’s favorite Antipasto Pasta Salad will be your favorite too! Hope you enjoy!
I’m so excited to share a special cocktail on the blog this Thursday! It’s been a while since I’ve shared one with you guys and this one will be a summer winner, I guarantee it! I was inspired by a cocktail I enjoyed when Tom and I were visiting Sean in Charleston at Thanksgiving and I’ve been keeping it under my hat waiting for the right time to share! With summer coming, it’s the PERFECT time! Hope to see you back at the BHK on Thursday because you won’t want to miss it!
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups hard salami cubed
- 2 cups capicola ham, cubed
- 2 cups sharp provolone cubed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup banana pepper rings
- 1 cup roasted red peppers sliced
- 3/4 cup red onion sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place drained and cooled pasta in large bowl. Add salami, capicola ham, sharp provolone, tomatoes, banana pepper rings, roasted peppers and red onion. Toss with dressing. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, toss and add more dressing if needed.