These Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Blondie Bars are a delicious, refreshing dessert mash up!
Clearly I have an obsession with all things lemon blueberry. Have ya noticed?
Here at the BHK, I’ve shared Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Bites, Blueberry Lemon Loaf, a Blueberry Lemon Zinger Smoothie and Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding with Blueberry Sauce to name just a few. And over the last few weeks, I’ve whipped up these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Blondie Bars which are CRAZY delicious and totally irresistible AND a Blueberry Chex™ Krispie Treat (coming soon) that will knock your socks off!
The flavor combination is just so refreshing to me. Truth be told, I’d actually choose a lemony dessert over a chocolate one any day of the week. And as much as I adore chocolate brownies, blondies are also a HUGE favorite of mine.
These Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Blondie Bars are one delicious mash up. A mash up of blondies, cheesecake and fruit.
A buttery blondie layer that’s got that tart, refreshing hint of lemon flavor, topped with a smooth and creamy vanilla cheesecake layer, then topped with additional chunks of blondie batter and studded with fresh, juicy blueberries and a sprinkling of sugar. Drooling yet?!
The hardest part is waiting for these beauties to chill a bit before cutting into them and serving up. They’re a little taste of spring/summer to get us through the last few weeks of winter guys. The end is in sight. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Blondie Bars Recipe:
I added one heaping tablespoon of freshly grated lemon zest to the blondie batter which gives it just the right amount of lemon flavor.
You’ll need to bake the bars just until the edges are set and the top is only just a bit giggly.
You can cut the bars into as many squares as you desire. I usually cut into 9 or 12 squares.
Let the bars totally cool before attempting to slice. It’s gonna be tough!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus a bit extra for sprinkling on top of bars
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 heaping Tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and continue to beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time until well combined. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and continue to mix until incorporated. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Press about half of the blondie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the blondie batter and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with blueberries. Add the remaining blondie batter in chunks (as pictured) to the top of the cheesecake layer. Sprinkle the top with some extra granulated sugar. Bake until the edges are set and the top is lightly browned and just a tad giggly, about 35 minutes. Let the bars totally cool before cutting into squares.