These Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bites are the perfect early morning on-the-go treat!
We’re just days away from the unofficial start to summer, Memorial Day weekend. I’m so excited! Aren’t you?
It’ll be time to take a breather from those busy, early mornings running for the school bus and doing homework til all hours. Yahoo!
I’m sure some of you already have activities and trips planned with the fam, so I’ve been working on a few tasty breakfast items tailored to summer with on-the-go ease!
First off, these Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bites.
The blueberry lemon combination has always been one of my faves.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients for these bites and I guarantee everyone will love them, even the pickiest of the kiddos!
They’ve got a base of finely ground almonds, double the lemon flavor, juice and zest , they’re sweetened with maple syrup and packed with dried blueberries.
And since they’re no bake, even the kids could help whip these up! Enjoy!
If you’re looking for other on-the-go breakfast bites, try my Chocolate Espresso Almond Energy Bites, they’re totally delish!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bites Recipe:
I love the blueberry lemon combination, but you could also swap out the lemon juice and zest for orange juice and zest and swap the blueberries for cranberries. Both versions are equally delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, unsalted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or mini paper liners. Set aside.
- Add almonds to the bowl of your food processor and pulse a few times until finely ground, then pour into a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and sea salt. Pour mixture over finely ground almonds and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Roll into 12 or so equal balls and place on prepared sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 2-3 hours. Keep leftover bites refrigerated in an airtight container.