This Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake is a 30-minute meal made with sweet and hot Italian sausage, refrigerated tortellini and creamy burrata. It’s a zesty meal that’s perfect for those busy weeknights and is guaranteed to satisfy the heartiest of appetites!
I’m comin’ in quick, hot and spicy today folks!
Summer at the beach is a busy time for us, so I love making super simple dinners with minimal ingredients. Meals that take just about fifteen minutes to prep and under 30 to cook.
This Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake is that meal guys. It’s made with a combination of sweet and hot Italian sausage and refrigerated tortellini that you won’t have to boil ahead of time because it’ll cook right in the sauce.
Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake Ingredients
- olive oil
- Italian sausage
- yellow onion
- red cooking wine
- crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper
- basil leaves
- cheese tortellini
- burrata cheese
- Parmesan cheese
I enjoy a combination of sweet and hot Italian sausage for this dish, but you can use one or the other. You’ll remove the sausage from the casing and cook on your stovetop with some chopped yellow onion until the sausage is cooked through and the onion is softened and translucent.
Then you’ll add your garlic and red wine and cook it down for a few minutes before adding your crushed tomatoes and spices and finally some torn fresh basil leaves.
Grab a baking dish, add your fresh tortellini, some burrata that you’ll rip into pieces and then sprinkle everything with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Pour your sauce over the tortellini and mix gently. Top the pasta mixture with some added pieces of burrata and an additional sprinkle of parm.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and heated through. Soooo easy guys and so loaded with flavor!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Italian Sausage Tortellini Bake
As I mentioned above, I like to use a combo of sweet and hot Italian sausage, but you can use one or the other.
I use Mrs. Dash Italian Medley seasoning for this dish. It’s my favorite. You can use whatever Italian seasoning is your favorite.
I use refrigerated cheese tortellini for this recipe. It cooks right in the sauce, so no need to boil ahead of time.
More Delicious Italian Recipes to Enjoy
Italian Sausage Tortellini BakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing
- 8 oz. hot Italian sausage links, removed from casing
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red cooking wine
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 9-oz. packages cheese tortellini
- 1 8-oz. container fresh burrata, two balls
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon and onion until sausage is no longer pink and onion is softened and translucent. Drain fat. Add the wine and garlic and cook until the wine is slightly reduced, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add the basil leaves and mix until well combined.
- Add tortellini to prepared dish. Add half of the burrata in torn pieces to the top of the tortellini. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Pour the sauce over the tortellini and stir gently. Top with remaining burrata and Parmesan cheese. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the mixture is bubbly. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.